Apologies

Some fluff and a little bit of angst just to give it some taste! Y'know?
------

Wills pov:

It was weekend and I had nothing planned today until I received an letter.

I thought nothing of it and forgot about it till 4pm because K was planning onto drawing today.

As I opened it, it shocked me a lot. It was Mike? What does he want now. I didn't wanna read it but I eventually did. Sadly.

Dear, Will Byers,

I am truly sorry.
I should've never said anything.
It is all my fault and I swear I will never do it again! I swear it on my life!

I know that you don't want to talk to me but I still love you a lot.

Each day I think about you and regret everything. I've had sleepless nights because I am constantly thinking about you and our stupid fight.

You we're right.
I am oblivious, always want attention by 'fitting' in society, stupid and selfish.

I didn't think about you when It happened.

I am truly sorry.

I hope you can forgive me and be friends again?

Love, Mike.

I read the same letter twice and I still don't believe it.

It seemed so... Unnatural?

I understood what he wanted but it feels weird hearing from Mike after 3 months.

I felt bad but I didn't want to call. So I decided to write a letter and ask my brother to give it to Mike since that in an hour he'll leave and meet Nancy to go out on a date with her since it's their 2 year anniversary.

I am currently laying in my bed pondering over what I should write to Mike and if this is all a good idea.

I decided to at least write his name at the top and then probably stare at it until I fall asleep.

I sat on my office chair and slide my way back to the table to continue writing.

Dear, Mike,

Great.
Now what?
I have no clue.
Why is this so painful?
Everything is painful.

I decided to grab a little snack to focus on something else for a bit and once I did I looked out of the kitchen window.

All of the memories...
I saw the shed I hid in when I was younger running away from the Demogorgon.
And castle Byers...

It had been such a long time ago. Lucas is with the basketbal team on a 2 month trip, Dustin is spending all his time with his new girlfriend 'Suzie' she's nice but he hasn't talked to anyone from the party for a long time, Max is on vacation and is coming back next weekend and El she... She ghosted us and joined an all girl school a hour away from where she lives.

So it had been me and Mike for more than a month or 2 maybe.

It's like we all fell apart and I hate it.

Now that I think of it...
I have motivation to continue writing the letter.

The only one who had never left me was, Mike. He had always my back and I could trust him with everything.

It was just one stupid fight and now I don't wanna talk to him any more.

Fuck it.
I am writing a letter accepting his apology and ask him to meet me at our spot.