CHAPTER 28

🎶heaven is a place on earth with you🎶
-lana del rey

🎶heaven is a place on earth with you🎶-lana del rey

Naija's journal:

         I was right. The odd feeling I've been having wasn't trivial. I knew to trust my intuition. My biggest fear—his—came true.

love, Naija R.

Previously....

Some time passed before he just scratched the back of his neck and exhaled once more. "And...I'm....sorry fa what I said earlier. I didn't know it'd upset you so much ight?" He muttered, remembering what Bianca said. He wasn't going to ask about the past trauma it triggered but apologizing was the first step.

She smiled lightly, knowing it was probably hard for him to apologize since he isn't the type to get sentimental and is accustomed to going through life without having to apologize to people.

"It's fine." She assured him.

He stopped at another red light and gained the opportunity to look her in the eye. "'N I didn't know you were cryin', Naija." He lowered his brows and turned her face towards his with his pointer and thumb on her chin. "You were mean this morning, Michael." She lowly muttered. "My bad jit." He said and he brought her lips to his and pecked her twice before pressing the pedal and speeding down the roads again.

She sat back straight in her seat. "A-and how'd you know I was crying?" She asked as her eyes bounced around the car in embarrassment.

He scoffed. "I know everything Naija."

But she knew Bianca must've told him and scolded him about it as well which is probably how he knew to apologize in the first place. Naija smiled, thankful to have a friend like Bianca. Something she's never had before.

Uly's near death experience wasn't the end of the road.

The trauma just doesn't end.

Omniscient~