CHAPTER 33

🎵there's things I want to say to you, but I'll just let you live🎵
-lana del rey

🎵there's things I want to say to you, but I'll just let you live🎵-lana del rey

Naija's journal:

          Days turned into weeks. Weeks turned into months. It was all too much. So bad that I needed a way out.

Naija R.

Omniscient~

Months later, August 5th

           MONTHS passed since Maw's funeral, Michael's rekindled relationship with his mother, and since Michael got his hustle back. Everyone knew how he hustled before. He was more hardcore. He's calmed down, but the fire is back in him. There was no going back.

"What the hell's wrong with our boyfriends?" Bianca pondered loudly, brushing her fingers against racks of clothing as they passed through aisles in the mall.

Naija, Bianca, Ameera, and Yisel were out casually shopping on a cloudy afternoon.

Naija's always so busy making her own clothing now that she barely goes out and buys some. She made an exception today and decided to shop—just for casual clothing like sweatshirts, shorts, etc.

"I wish I knew." Naija muttered, holding up a t shirt she had an eye for.

"What y'all talkin' 'bout?" Ameera nosily inquired while picking out a pretty dress that would be perfect for clubbing.

"Jeremiah's lazy ass has been nonstop goin' out 'n doin' their street shit they be doin'. I'm used to it yeah, but lately they're like obsessed. Counting money every night, sellin' drugs the next day. I miss him." She sounded like she was sulking as she pretended to sob.

"Michael too." Naija chimed in. "He's barely around anymore and is out doing their business everyday. I feel like they've made more enemies out there than friends too. It's worse than before. Like how things were back when my cousins were still around. I don't even know where they are anymore."