CHAPTER 31

🎶you were lost and a little unfocused. but maybe you hoped I wouldn't notice🎶
-mariah the scientist

 but maybe you hoped I wouldn't notice🎶-mariah the scientist

Naija's journal:

These days are pretty dark. Like a rainstorm. I've been daydreaming. Yes, I feel helpless. My boyfriend's spiraling out of control and there's a tornado in my head. I hope these dark clouds clear up soon, before they drench our relationship even further.

Naija R.

Omniscient~

       MICHAEL didn't end up getting sentenced for his "situation" at the bar the other day, but was prompted to immediately pay for the charges or else he'd get to 6 months to a year in prison for damage of property

       MICHAEL didn't end up getting sentenced for his "situation" at the bar the other day, but was prompted to immediately pay for the charges or else he'd get to 6 months to a year in prison for damage of property. He ended up paying it, not to his delight.

"He destroyed the bar?" Bianca gawked in shock. "Like Beyonce hitting cars with baseball bat kinda destroy or like...somethin' smaller?"

Naija nodded. "Like Beyonce damage—except he destroyed the place with barstools." She muttered, biting the straw to her milkshake.

"Damn. You don't hear that everyday." Ameera shook her head. "Sounds like straight out of a cartoon."

They were at Steak n' Shake, eating burgers and shakes. Naija had been sulking in the house for weeks, so Bianca thought it was time to get her out and give Michael more space—and just maybe time away from him in general.

"That's like the 3rd place he's been banned from in Detroit." Bianca kissed her teeth, shaking her empty cup of soda with just ice left in it. "Nigga's gonna be banned from everywhere sooner or later."

Naija knitted her brows, having not heard of this information before. "3rd place?" She wondered. "Where else has he been banned from?"

"Jus' bars. Third time's a charm 'cause his ass just added another one to the list." Bianca shrugged.

Naija knew he could be problematic but to get banned from 3 different bars seemed a bit overkill. "That can't be true. How did he get banned from the other ones?"