CHAPTER 11

🎶Just to feel like this, it took a long time yeah🎶-carti

-carti

Omniscient~

     THE next morning was as usual

     THE next morning was as usual. It was quiet and Bear was up early, running around the house per usual. He's an energetic dog and is an early bird, unlike the other residents of the house that like the mid-morning vibe. The atmosphere was quite different ever since their conversation in the car from the other night.

Naija felt overwhelmed at the feeling of someone liking her for the first time in her life but the feeling was immense. She liked the feeling of finally having friends and someone who really cares about her.

She finds nothing special about herself but keeps those thoughts aside for the sake of long awaited happiness.

Michael remained on the couch although he's a bit closer—relationship-wise—to Naija now. This is about the time he'd begin to wake up as it's only 10:05am. His arm was hanging off the couch along with one leg as Bear occasionally licked his hand, failing to wake him up.

His slumber didn't last for long as soon as he subconsciously smelled a faint smell of smoke and the fire alarm began to sound across the house, nearly making him fall off of the couch.

"Shit!" He muttered and hurried out the living room to the source of the smell, before seeing Naija standing by the stove with a nervous smile. She held a spatula behind her back as her eyes raced effortlessly around the kitchen-

Michael gave her a look, succeeding in opening various windows and airing out the kitchen so the alarms could stop. "Jit," he started before running a hand down his face. "whachu doin'?"

She sheepishly shrugged and kept her eyes to the floor. "I...tried to cook breakfast." She simply said and he cocked a brow. "You almost burned the damn house down." He shook his head with a dry laugh.