CHAPTER 37

🎶you never liked the way I said it. if you don't get it, then forget it🎶
-lana del rey

#2024

Omniscient~

Omniscient~

         NAIJA was at the store, shopping for some groceries for her kitchen since it was getting a bit empty again

"Tomatoes, onions, apples, oranges..." she muttered to herself, walking to the produce section with her cart. Her cart was filled with just a few things—mostly snacks as she knows she much of a snacker as opposed to real food-

-and so is Michael. Whom she hasn't spoken to in a few days and whom's aura has been a bit different lately. She knew exactly why so there was no questioning it. She just hopes he gets used to this soon.

She likes to keep a list with her while shopping to keep things more organized. She hates forgetting things and having to come back.

Plus, she doesn't own her own car, so she Ubers frequently when Michael isn't available since they live apart now. He offers to pay for her Ubers but she's tired of relying on him and feels she's being too spoiled by him often.

She filled her cart with some fresh produce and a few other items before her eyes passed the baby section of the store. It makes her a bit nervous each time she does.

Her eyes lingered on the small clothing a bit longer. She glanced down at her stomach, realizing she's starting to show a bit more now being almost at 16 weeks now. She started showing a bit earlier though since she's of a more smaller or average frame.

She's been so preoccupied that she forgot she needs to start planning ahead...

Baby furniture, clothing, formula, stability—everything. It hasn't hit her until now. Or maybe she was avoiding it until she really starts to near her due date.

She doesn't know the gender, and will not have the option to for a few more weeks—but she doesn't have a preference anyway. She would be satisfied with anything.