CHAPTER 32

🎵i did it all for love. i did it all on no drugs🎵
-sza

 i did it all on no drugs🎵-sza

Naija's journal:

       I started to take notice that after he met up with his mother again and grieved his grandmother, he's started to go back to his old ways. Driven solely by money. Maybe it was a way to distract himself, but I didn't understand it before. 'Til now.

Naija R.

Omniscient~

      THE silence was strong

THE silence was strong. Anyone could cut the tense air with a knife if they wanted to. So many words being spoken, but not being heard or audible. The expressions on their faces were enough to express these unsaid words.

Michael stared face to face with his mother in his late grandmother's dining room. They sat across from each other, avoiding the elephant in the room.

Giselle, his mother, fidgeted with her fingers. She was dressed a bit more casual today. A warmer shade of blue jeans topped with a bland salmon pink t shirt. Her hair was let down, touching just above her shoulders. She wore light makeup, her eyelids decorated with a soft golden color and her lips glossed with a pinkish red tint.

She looked almost the same as she did in the picture frames around the house somehow.

She finally cleared her throat, interrupting the silent game they were playing. "I appreciate that you agreed to talk to me again." She lowly said. She always seems so nervous around him. It could be that she's afraid of his responses, or that seeing her own son after so many years has made her timid—maybe both.

He exhaled lightly from his nose. "Yeah." He replied. It's the most contained answer he could give.

"I um..." she started. "I just wanted to rekindle what we lost after so many years. I really do want you to know I'm trying to change."