Question Me

He stood there, waiting patiently, as he watched the raven step closer to him. He dared to move. Remaining still, Sasuke approached him. His heart was playing a game of ping-pong in his chest. Starting to think, what he might have thought was an illusion, was really happening as a reality. Breathing was becoming irregular. Millions of questions surfacing his thoughts, that's when the dark haired man spoke.

"You said to me, 'Your strong on the surface, but not all the way through'." His voice was calm and collective. However he wasn't fooling himself that there was a thick layer of uncertainty in his voice. Visibly seeing the expression on Naruto's face, told him enough to know that, that was indeed what he said.  He continued, "I couldn't seem to understand at first, but I've come to realize that maybe your right." He stated, throwing Naruto in a world of true confusion. He hadn't even asked a question yet.

Following through with his first intuition the blonde remained silent. Refusing to show any kind of emotion. He waited yet again for him to say something.

"Do you think what you said only applies to me?" Sasuke asked, with curiosity. His left eye brow lifting as a result, while waiting for a response. But Naruto nearly couldn't see straight, let alone answer a question so timid as this one. Managing through his sorrow, he was able to scrape a few words together. "No...I think it applies to everyone..because no one is strong enough to fight back anger...sadness...guilt...shame..." responding with sadness in his voice. In fact he himself was having a hard time battling these feelings.

Both the Uchiha and the Uzumaki stood in silence for just a few minutes while staring into each others eyes. It wasn't awkward, it was pleasantly quiet. The wind picked up again causing the leaves to dance with it. Soft whistling sound shuddered in their ears.

The raven stepped closer, making Naruto slightly uncomfortable. Refusing to move while he still held his ground. Expecting the worst from the man. What was he planning on? To punch him? To kick him? Shit maybe the same as before, or just straight up kill him. Regardless of what he was expecting he figured he might of deserved it. But nothing of the sort seemed to happen. Instead the Uchiha just stood there. Standing beyond close enough. Their eyes were stuck, only seeming to furrow inwards the closer he got. "S-...Sasuke..." the blonde mumbled with no other words left to say.

Again the two remained silent. What is he doing? Naruto thought. His heart seemed to have skipped a beat once he felt the dark haired man's hand gently caress his cheek. His thumb gliding across his whiskered marked face. Causing him to flinch in the slightest, but he refused to move away. Instead he felt vulnerable. Feeling the sense of weakness pulsate through his arms and legs. Almost as if he was melting from the gentle touch. What is this? He thought again to himself.

What is this...feeling?