Quick Stop

"Sasuke..." he whispered back to him, his heart started to race against his thoughts. He wanted to say something more but the other man's name was the only thing that could be made with his shaky voice. He gripped the arms that strangled his waist, pulling them off so that way he could turn around to face him. However he wasn't done with that hug, he quickly wrapped his arms around the back of Sasuke's neck, following with the pale man pulling him in by the waist. Both of them burrowed each others faces into one another's nape of their necks.

Naruto couldn't help but feel that he is burdening the other man with his problems. It wasn't right to put this all out so quickly. He gripped the shirt that covered his shoulders, feeling his eyes starting to water. "Naruto...it's my fault...I take the blame and I want you to accept that." He started saying only gripping tighter around the blondes thin waist. "Even for the things that weren't my fault, I'll take the blame." Naruto winced, shocked that he was willing to take the fall for even things that he had no control over. "But Sasuke-" he couldn't even begin his sentence before Sasuke interrupted up. "I'll do everything to make it up to you, just please don't blame yourself."

It started to make sense now, Sasuke didn't want Naruto to blame himself for anything, even if he still felt responsible for most things, he wouldn't let him continue that self blame any further. "Okay..." Naruto replied with truthfulness. He wanted to make things right with himself just as much as Sasuke wanted him too. The only way to start that process is to just do it.

After the two had their heartfelt conversation, Naruto suggested that they get ready for the day. Sasuke got dressed in the shinobi clothes that the Hokage provided. It was made of cotton, black long sleeve shirt with two red swirls on each side of the sleeves, and a olive green vest over it, with black like-jogger pants. It wasn't exactly what he wanted to be caught in wearing but he needed to adjust himself to fitting in again. Naruto wore his usual orange and black jump suit. He put his headband on and tied it while also glancing at the raven. "Oh! I almost forgot!" He said as he went to the closet that held their clothes, reaching to the top shelf.

He pulled out an old headband, one with a scratch across the leaf symbol, he handed it to the raven with a small smile. "We'll have to get you a new one, but I figured you could hold onto this one for now." His smile grew wider once Sasuke took it and tied it to his belt loop. He respected the fact he didn't put it on, as it draws to much attention already anyway. He stepped back to take a scan view of the Uchiha's new appearance. His face grew warm just thinking how good it fit him, "Y-You look great!"

Sasuke just smirked at his reaction placing a hand on his hip, looking back at Naruto with the same gaze. "You too." Naruto looked down at his outfit and quickly looked away. "Tch whatever, no different then any other day." Sasuke stepped closer gently tugging on the blondes jacket, "your right, everyday you look great." His smirk had a menacing sense to it. Catching Naruto's attention he looked back at him, their gaze connecting. "Baka...don't say things like that.." he said quietly before stepping back and grabbing the rest of his belongings, he took his pack that carried his weapons and strapped it on his back belt loop.

The two left their new house locking the door behind them, it was only 9:30AM and Naruto wanted to go train, it's been nearly three weeks since he's even been out to the fields. By the time they got their, they luckily hadn't run into anyone to familiar, minus Konohamaru and his team. But that interaction was short lived, Naruto gave him a pathetic excuse like they had somewhere important to be. Sasuke kept his head down the whole time, not wanting to draw any attention.

Their training literally consisted of short blank kunai practice. It was really just something to keep them busy since the only thing planned for the day was their meet up with Sakura. It was fun while it lasted, they were out there for well over three hours. It was lunch time and the two definitely worked up an appetite.

Sasuke suggested to eat at home, but Naruto was in the usual mood for ramen, he had already changed his diet having eggs and toast with sausage that morning, and really wanted to have the infamous ramen he only got from Ichiraku. The raven finally agreed, even though he knew there would be a run in with someone, and he was right. When they got there, they were halfway done eating when Shikamaru came in, who's eyes immediately caught Sasuke's. Shit. He thought to himself as the brown haired man stood there in shock.

Just three weeks ago this man ordered everyone to kill Sasuke on site. And now he was sitting in the local ramen shop, eating with Naruto. What the hell?! Shikamaru questioned himself before making his way over to them sitting next to Sasuke at the bar top.

"Wanna explain to me what the hell is going on?!" He huffed at the man, but kept his voice down to not cause a scene, even if it was becoming irritably impossible. Naruto cut in before Sasuke could say anything. "Shikamaru, Lord Sixth pardoned him," he went on to explaining the situation the best he could, unfortunately with how the brown haired man was, it wasn't easy convincing him as much as it was Sakura. "You mean to tell me he gets to walk around scot free?!" He argued back to the blonde who's face was filled with worry, he didn't want to argue with his friend.

Sasuke put a hand up flat, as if signaling that was enough. "Listen Shikamaru, I'm not just a free man, there are circumstances that were put into motion in order for me to even be sitting here right now. Not only that but I was incarcerated before." His dark eyes shifted to meet with the other man's. "I'm under watch, 24/7....if it makes you feel any better, I'm stuck with this moron for five years." He said with emotionless eyes. He knew Naruto didn't want anyone knowing anywhere near that much information but he knew he had to give the man something to shut him up.

The brown haired man was piecing together the information, enough to where he started understanding the restrictions. He became silent and decided he had enough of the conversation at hand. "What a serious drag this is..." he trickled off almost to himself. Naruto felt a huge relief that his friend was going to let it go. "No one knows but you and Sakura, do you think you can keep it that way for now?" He asked cautiously not wanting to trigger the man.

Luck must have been on his side heavy, the spikey haired man nodded in agreement and left the shop. He had only come to see if Naruto was there, since he had been missing for quite some time.

Leaving Naruto and Sasuke baffled to the core. After they finished their meal, home was their next destination. Rumors around the village were spreading way more now with Sasuke being exposed to the public. It couldn't be helped, but Naruto still felt worry of retaliation from the villagers, would soon come. And maybe even his friends.
_________________________________

A/N: Hey! Just popping in to say, I can't help but write longer then normal chapters. There's so much detail I want to put in, but I know I can't drag this on forever.... Or can I? 😊