Unexpected Visitor

They spent the day together, walking through the village that was still undergo construction. It was almost completely done around the village. But there was still those fighting with poverty that couldn't afford enough workers to finish the jobs. Sasuke could feel resentment of his actions even though he had no connection with this damage. Naruto could see the looks he was getting being known as a S rank criminal. He nudged Sasuke's shoulder while they walked side by side. "Ignore them..." he said nonchalantly. A big crooked smile across his face.

The raven didn't pay much mind to them anyway, he was just happy to be by his side. It's all he wants. He smiled sheepishly back at his new profound lover.

Naruto had his hands behind his head walking with that so lovable smile, while Sasuke held his ruff demeanor with his hands in his pockets, but the loving smirk was still on his face. They joked and laughed together almost in harmony, enjoying each others company to the fullest.

They made a stop at the Hokage's office, reporting in and picking up clothes in a large duffel bag that Kakashi had prepped for him. It even included essentials like toothbrush and toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo and conditioner. "Th-Thank you!...it's greatly appreciated." He said with true gratitude, while bowing before the Hokage.

"Things might not be the same like they were years ago, but just know I'm always here for you two. Including Sakura so don't get such high ego's." The grey haired man said with a sarcastic tone.

It was more then he could've ever asked for, if he even had a right to ask for anything in the first place. Being under watch by the one person, the whole reason, he returned to the village was already lucky enough. He was great full for the acceptance he's received from all his old time friends, let alone his Sensai who more then likely dishonored him after he left the village.

Naruto felt relief from Kakashi's words. It gave him a comforting feeling he needed. His depression was definitely coming to holt, ever since Sasuke got out of confinement. But the increase speed of the downslope of his anxiety and depression was taking, really made him feel whole again.

Making their leave from the office, they ran into Sai in the hallways. Naturally they both stopped to say hello, just as anyone would, just to be ignored by the paler male, who just walked past them refusing any eye contact. "Jeez...wonder what crawled up his ass." Naruto said in a rather aggravated tone. He never really liked the guy in the first place, but since he was one of the very few who knew of Sasuke's reappearance, he figured he'd at least greet the guy. "Don't worry about." Sasuke huffed. Naruto might have not seen it but Sasuke sure as hell did, the glare he got from the other man just as he passed was enough to tell him there was tension there.

It was getting rather late now they had been out most of the day, the night was threatening the skies so they made their way home. They had no idea Shikamaru was following behind, when they walked through the door and shut it, they had just enough time to remove their shoes at the entrance before a knock was heard. "Hm?" Naruto hummed before opening the door he was standing by. "Ni- Shikamaru?" He questioned with anxiousness. If he was able to knock on the door that soon he had to of seen Sasuke with him.

"Oi...so this is where you two have been staying huh?" He asked casually, catching eyes with the Uchiha who stood behind Naruto. It was true that his so cold 'old time friends' accepted him being back in the village but that doesn't necessarily mean they forgave him.

Naruto moved out of the door way gesturing for him to come in. He didn't hesitate, letting curiosity have the best of him. His eyes scoped the place while the door was closed behind him. He removed his shoes out of respect and they all made their way to the living room. Sasuke and Shikamaru sat at the couch while Naruto made his way to the kitchen. He had noticed the day before that there was a small selection of liquor in the cupboards. He then pulled out what he assume to be the best, just by looking at the label, and poured out three glasses. "So Kakashi made you his watcher?" The brown haired man asked as Naruto handed him the glass.

The blonde only nodded before putting in his two cents. "Yeah, I mean it only makes sense right?" He asked trying to detour the conversation to a much simpler one. But that didn't work.

"Not really, I mean thinking about it just doesn't make sense at all, it's pairing a criminal with his best friend. Sounds like bad news." He suggested before taking a swig of the caramel colored liquor. He wasn't much of a drinker himself but for the time being he didn't mind.

Sasuke took a swig following behind, not wanting to show any kind of irritation he was feeling. He remembered what the blonde had told him previously about the fight they had before they all went out for drinks. He made it seem like it wasn't much of an argument, but Sasuke knew better then to believe it was just a simple disagreement.

"I was pretty shocked myself, but Kakashi was our Sensai, maybe there's some part to it that we all just won't fully understand. Nonetheless I'm not complaining." The blonde retorted, not letting what he had just said bug him to much. He wasn't gonna let his friend sit there and down on Sasuke, but he couldn't show to much back up considering the circumstances. Taking a swig himself from his round shaped glass. He sat across from the two on the soft leather chair, leaning his back against it with his glass in hand.

Shikamaru assumed if he stayed long enough he'd be able to determine what's really going on behind closed doors. But what he wasn't aware of, was that what he was looking for wasn't anywhere near what was actually happening.

Small chit chat was made as they all finished the small amount of liquor in their glasses. Sasuke leaned forward placing his glass on the table, which only opened an opportunity for Shikamaru to speak up, "Any chance we could have another round?" He suggested. Naruto hesitated for a moment before looking over at Sasuke, who was doing his best to avoid eye contact. Since he wouldn't look at him Naruto just agreed, he hadn't gotten any kind of look that told him to say no so he went with his gut. He got up from his chair, making his way to the kitchen before grabbing the bottle. "Just bring it over here." Shikamaru oddly suggested.