Self Pity

⚠️⚠️   {{WARNING: SELF BLAME AND SELF INFLICTED DEPRESSION}}} (i don't know if this is warning worthy but i figured I'd give the heads up) ⚠️⚠️

The sun has made its appearance rapidly, gleaming through the window above the blondes head. His eyes slowly opened while listening to the sound of birds chirping outside. Laying their stiffly, while kneading at his forehead with his fingers.

Waking up with headache was not apart of his daily routine, it was actually out of character considering on the norm he's usually very healthy. But the refusal of food or even water, is really taking a toll on him. He groaned as if in pain all over while lifting himself up from the sheets that seemed to absorb him. His face was expressionless, he felt cold internally to the bone. He started thinking about his thoughts from the night before, the way he was putting blame on Sasuke, as if he had no part of allowing the things that happened.

It was clear that there should be no blame on anyone but himself. He let his heart take control over his brain, he allowed such reckless emotions to take over. He let Sasuke in, in a way that he should have known would hurt him. What if Sasuke is banned from the village, or worse spends ten years in prison. It may not seem like such a bad punishment, it could have been a death penalty, but it didn't change how awful it made him feel. The blame he felt was agonizing, he couldn't help but feel obligated to fix this. But what is there that he can fix? He felt anger beginning to fabricate his thoughts. All he could do was wait and find out what was to happen next, not something of course he was willing to do.

He sat there with his legs hanging over the bed, fighting back tears that just wouldn't stop forming no matter how hard he attempted to suck them back in. But it was inevitable, his heart ached in pain, tears started falling from his cheeks down to the tops of his knees. Before anymore tears were shed, there was a rather loud knock on the front door, which seemed to snap him back to the reality he no longer wanted to be apart of.

"Naruto!" He heard a rather familiar voice yell for him. He got up from his bed making his way to the door, before he could open it there was another loud bang. "Open up Naruto I know your in-" before the voice could finish he opened the door to see a pink haired girl standing before him. She looked annoyed.

"Sakura? What's up?" He asked casually trying to straighten his voice in a attempt to cover his depression. His friend knew better though, she could tell right away something was up, not to mention the some what dried tears that were plastered on his face. "What's wrong?" She asked with eagerness while pushing herself into his house, shutting the door behind her. She knew enough of what's going on in his life, mainly with his master Jiraya dying, and being denied for the hundredth time by Sasuke. But something seemed off from that. Naruto just looked down as he stepped back letting her come in. He didn't say anything in response not wanting to give her any hints of Sasuke being in the village. Instead he countered back asking the same question he did before. "I'm fine, why did you come by?" It sounded a little cold but she knew better then to question him any further. Instead she insisted on helping him even if he wasn't willing to accept it.

"You know you can always talk to me... I'm here for you no matter what Naruto. Kakashi Sensai sent me here to check up on you, he told me something was bugging you." She extended her hand out placing it on to his shoulder. He sighed from disbelief that he sent her of all people. The last person he could talk to about Sasuke. He groaned while simultaneously pushing her hand off his shoulder, frowning with disappointment. "Sakura I'm sorry....but I just can't tell you." He wasn't lying when he said that. It was true no one could know about Sasuke, let alone his new found feelings for him.

Feelings like these weren't meant for her to hear. Not only was she still deeply in love with the Uchiha, but it would be extremely selfish of him to say anything that may or may not even be official. Her concern that she was showing quickly dropped with anger taking over.

Big mistake.

Naruto didn't want to deal with the angry side of her. Shit. He thought as he watched her forehead crinkle. "You know what..." her fists began to clench up as she stepped forward using one of her hands to grab the front of Naruto's shirt pulling him up and close. "I don't want to hear you complaining later that no one listens to you!" She yelled out in his face. "Kakashi told me you would push me away, and you know what? I don't care! I'm not forcing you to talk, and I'm not gonna force myself to care either!" Her voice echoed through the lonesome house.

Naruto could feel tears threatening to form. He felt useless, even worse now then he did before. He bit his lip trying to hold back the pain that built up in his chest. "If you know what's wrong but don't talk about it then you have no reason to be upset!" She finished yelling, aggressively pushing him back while letting go of the cloth.

Tears started falling again down his now hot face, he quickly turned the other way not letting his friend see the sadness that truly irked him. She made her leave quickly after her burst out leaving him alone once again. He stood there with no will to do anything but cry. He gave into the tears and slammed his back against the wall, sliding down to the floor curling his legs up to his chest. I'm so pathetic...I can't do anything right.