Three Choices

It had been three hours since Kakashi dismissed him from the office, leaving Sasuke behind. He couldn't help but think about everything that's transpired in the last two days. Starting from being in a depressed state where he wouldn't eat anything at all, to Sasuke showing up and confessing his love, to losing his virginity to his best friend, now 'lover'. Who now poses as a possible threat to the village in the higher ups eyes.

He paced back and forth in his living space, for what felt like the whole three hours that had passed, till there was a knock on his door. Grabbing his attention, he quickly opened the door to see Shikamaru standing before him. "Naruto?" He started to speak but he caught on to the mess Naruto appeared to be. Not only was the blonde sweating, his eyes were bugged, his hair was out of wack, and his jacket was unzipped a quarter of the way down. He looked awful. As if he was struck by lightning. "O-Oh....What are you doing here?" He asked his brown haired friend, while moving out of the way, gesturing for him to come in.

Shikamaru took a step in and immediately noticed the house being rather clean, despite the usual dirty house that it normally is. Being as observant as he was, he noticed the two ramen cups that sat on the table across from one another. It was no surprise to see more then one cup be consumed by Naruto, but the positioning of them led him to believe he had company recently. Ignoring the question the blonde had asked him, he stopped in the middle of the living room. "Where's Raven?"

Naruto closed the door and looked at his friend with confusion. After everything that happened he had forgotten about the transformation that Sasuke used as a cover up. "Raven?" He responded back before realizing what the other man was talking about. "The cat..." Shikamaru spoke up while catching his eyes with the blue ones, as if looking deeper into him. Uh oh. Naruto thought to himself as if trying to hide the fact he messed up. "Oh! Y-Yeah...I went to get ramen earlier and I guess I left the slider open, so he got out." He lied but hoped his friend would believe him. Unfortunately though he knew better then to think the smartest guy in the village was gonna fall for some sleazy excuse.

"Right... and that other ramen cup over there was Raven's breakfast this morning?" He asked in response to the obvious bullshit lie. Naruto shifted his eyes to the mess Sasuke and him had left behind that morning. Damn it! He cursed himself before speaking up. "W-Why did you come here? Other then to analyze my morning." He retaliated to his question with a question. Which was more of the brainy side of Naruto, that was least suspected. "I suppose you don't want to tell me who you had over...what a drag..." his friend sighed while pulling his hands up and placing them at the back of his head. Taking in a deep breath he turned to the door. "Hokage requests your presence." He quickly stated before opening the door and making his leave. "Oh...and instead of making it more of a drag, don't lie about stupid things...it's pointless."

Naruto watched as Shikamaru closed the door behind him, leaving him alone once again. The words he said running through his head. "Right! Kakashi wants to see me!" He perked up quickly as he realized Shikamaru's real reason for coming. He quickly laced his shoes back on and adjusted his jacket. Checking himself once in the mirror, running his fingers through his hair to fix it before making his leave to the office.

When he arrived he didn't bother to knock and allowed himself in. To his surprise it was just Kakashi. Sasuke was no longer in the office with them. There was the small part of him that knew this would be the outcome. His demeanor went from near excitement to downcast. There was an aching feeling he couldn't suppress in his chest, it hurt like a pickax was being slammed against him. The door slowly closed behind him as his eyes shifted down to the floor after scanning the room. He knew he had no right to argue or debate what happens to Sasuke. Besides, his feelings towards him and what happens to him doesn't matter. Not only to Kakashi but to the village too.

"Naruto, I know this is hard. I'm not exactly caught up on how you managed to talk him into coming back, or how you even made contact with him. But he has made it clear that whatever happens to him absolutely needs to be run by you first," Kakashi started, catching the blonde by surprise. His eyes caught the Hokages fairly quickly after hearing those words. "He's been honest throughout the interrogation, and it seems his actions now and moving forward are in nothing but a positive way." The white haired man said. It was clear he had much more to say but gave just a few seconds for the blonde to catch up with what he was saying.

"We're waiting for a response from the Feudal Lord on approval to allow him to remain a citizen here in Konoha under the supervision of someone 24/7, or if he is to be exiled from Konoha free to live anywhere but here with a warrant in the Land of Fire." He finished with a small frown. "Or...he can serve time here in Konoha for ten years, then be a free man."

Naruto's eyes widened in fear. He took one step back, trying to recondition his mind from going out of control. It was visible his eyes were shaking. Moving his lips in a way as if he were wording, 'what' without making a sound. Kakashi expected a reaction from him but not one so terror-stricken. Before he could assist in helping the blonde gather himself he was interrupted. "Where is he now?" He asked with sternness but with a sign of respect.

The Hokage just closed his eyes and sighed harshly. "He will remain in a cell, for as long as it takes for the Feudal Lord to come to a decision. As well as the Great Nations, since he is an S-rank criminal, if the Kage's don't come to an agreement, the Feudal Lord's decision could be washed completely." He wanted to make sure Naruto knew not to get his hopes up, not everything was in his control.