Set Up

It was now almost 8:00PM, they had less then fifteen minutes to make it to the restaurant/bar that Sakura told them to meet at earlier in the day. "We're gonna be late!" Naruto called out to Sasuke who was still upstairs buckling his black leather belt, well it was actually Naruto's, since he didn't actually own one. His attire consisted of a black button up shirt with black loose fitting pants. Also borrowed from the blonde. Skinny jeans just weren't for him, and from the looks of the clothes in the closet, it wasn't Naruto's style either.

His hair was the same as usual but that didn't stop him from looking at the mirror in the bedroom to make sure he looked nice, before he walked down stairs. It's not that he wanted to look nice for anyone else other than the blonde.

His eyes met with blue ones on his way down, he could tell Naruto was really in a daze watching him, like he was a model in a walk show.

"A few minutes late is reasonable." He stated while taking his own glance over Naruto's attire, who was wearing a white button up with blue jeans, loose fitted not skinny. He looked rather nice, it was actually quite shocking to see he wasn't wearing orange or any other bright color. "You look almost to good to go out with." Sasuke said with confidence as his feet hit the bottom floor. The whiskered man's face lit up from embarrassment, "Stop it teme!" He said retaliating.

Finally making it to the outside of the restaurant, they looked at each other with nervousness bluntly obvious in the blonde ones eyes. "It's okay." Sasuke reassured him knowing he needed some kind of boost to go in. It wasn't out of the ordinary for Naruto to meet with Sakura for a small dinner, but the heaping fact of Sasuke being there made things different. Especially with the way their relationship was heading. Not to mention them living together, which was a solid secret kept from the pink haired girl.

Sasuke nudged Naruto's shoulder with his in a joking manner, "Are you nervous she'll hit on me?" He whispered just in case anyone around was listening. This clearly triggered Naruto into a blushing frenzy. "As if!" He responded louder then Sasuke had suggested. A smirk grew on the other man's face as he grabbed the blondes hand dragging him to the door of the building. "Just try and have fun." He said before opening it and pushing him in first, as he followed behind.

When they walked in Naruto looked around the giant open room for his pink haired friend. It was then that he realized he had been set up. Oh no... He thought as his eyes caught not only his green eyed friend, but basically everyone else from the ninja academy. All his friends. Kiba, Hinata, Ino, Sai, Lee, Shino, Choji, Tenten, and even Shikamaru. They were all sitting at a very large table, with another table next to it to accommodate for the amount of seats needed. Twelve people is considered a big party. Sure the staff wasn't happy, but Sakura paid them extra for the hassle.

"Naruto! Sasuke!" Kiba yelled out to them standing up from his chair. He waved them down to come sit in the two empty seats next to him. Naruto took the initiative to step forward, putting on a rather large smile, Sasuke followed behind keeping his head down, he heard Naruto whisper back to him, "I'm so sorry."

That's when they took their seats next to one another with Kiba on Naruto's right and Tenten to Sasuke's left. Shino on Tenten's left and Lee on Kiba's right. Across the table starting left to right was Sai in front of Shino, Ino in front of Tenten, Sakura in front of Sasuke, Shikamaru in front of Naruto, Hinata in front of Kiba, and Choji in front of Lee.

(A/N: im sorry visualizing this is key!)

(A/N: So sorry! 🫣😂)

Everyone greeted Sasuke as if he had just moved away and decided to move back. It was everything but awkward, it almost felt normal, everyone looked different then Sasuke remembered. So grown up. He hid his alertness well, it already was out of character for him to be going out to an event like this, he didn't want anyone thinking he was an enemy still either. Tenten tapped his shoulder after everyone had said their greetings that were full of 'it's been so long' and 'it's great to have you back', she started talking while everyone around the table kept up small chatter. "It's really great to have you back, and we all really mean that. Regardless of what happened." Her words were actually very reassuring to the raven.

He tried not to show to much emotion, however he couldn't help the small smile that came to his lips, visible to everyone. It even shocked Naruto a little that he was willing to open up that side of him.

After some time of drinking and catching up, everyone was already feeling the alcohol effect their awareness, nothing serious, some people may call it 'tipsy'. Sakura picked up conversation with Sasuke a few times while Naruto talked mainly to Shikamaru and Kiba while going in and out of other conversations around the table. Shino and Choji decided one beer was enough, it wasn't long before Choji ordered more food, only taking up more space on the table with the extra appetizers. Everyone else either had three or more beers. Those who had 'more' was Naruto and Lee. When everyone else's food arrived they all ate in comfortable silence minus the occasional jokes and small chat.

It wasn't until after their meal that the real drinking started. That's when Shino decided to leave, he had only had the one beer, and wasn't much of a socializer, let alone a drinker anyway. When the waitress came by and cleared the table, Kiba requested a round of Saki, they all took their shot and drank another beer, Naruto and Lee being now six beers in while everyone else was four, along with the shot, was starting to feel more then tipsy, it was clear the two were drunk. Naruto couldn't handle liquor well, and six beers was three past his usual limit.

Sasuke could tell the blonde was starting to slur his words. He sat back for a moment studying the man's behavior trying to determine if he should cut him off. Sasuke was feeling rather drunk himself, he never drinks, and he's never gotten drunk before so he wasn't exactly sure if what he was feeling was drunk or just tipsy. Naruto was warped in a conversation with Kiba, he started laughing at something the brown haired man said, leaning back further then necessary. His back pushed into Sasuke's shoulder causing him to push back, as if holding Naruto up.

"O-Oh heh, sorry Sasuke~" he dragged out the other man's name a little too sensual. He straightened up his posture in his seat realizing how heavy his body felt. Man I'm pretty hammered. He thought to himself at the same time of everything around him getting cloudy, voices and background noise echoing in his ears. Sasuke placed a hand on his upper back and leaned in closer to the blonde. "Dobe...Are you okay?...I think you should cut back." He suggested quietly not drawing any attention to his worry for the other man.

Naruto just leaned his body to the side into Sasuke's open arm, pressing his shoulder into his chest. "Sasuke can we go home?" The blonde asked him, barely making sense as his words were slurred horribly, still loud enough to catch nearly everyone's attention. Shikamaru knew of the living arrangements the Hokage put into place, but not the fact the two had a house together. Sasuke quickly adjusted himself so it wasn't as awkward as it looked, I should get him home. He thought to himself before catching his gaze with Shikamaru.

The looked they shared was as if they came to an agreement that Sasuke would take him home. He gave a soft nod before digging into Naruto's pocket for his wallet, he grabbed a bill enough for their two meals and placed it on the table. "I'm gonna bring this idiot home, he's had enough to drink for a life time." Sasuke said easing the questioning looks he got from everyone. It was rather early to be turning in for the night but everyone knew that the blonde had well over enough to drink.

"Thanks S-Sakura..For having us!" Naruto muffled out, dragging out every word of that sentence. Sasuke stood up grabbing the blondes left arm, bringing it over his shoulders. "Let's go dobe." He said before basically dragging him out of the restaurant. "Teme!~ Don't call me that!~" he argued back but nonetheless followed alongside the raven.

After they left everyone at the table talked about the nights events. Choji took Lee home knowing he wouldn't make it without help. Shortly after that everyone slowly started to break away from the table and head home. Shikamaru and Sakura were the last two left. They stayed and talked about the odd behavior they caught onto through the night but finally came to a conclusion it was nothing. However Shikamaru knew more and knew better. There was definitely something going on between Sasuke and Naruto. Whatever it was, he was bound to find out whether he wanted to or not.