Rest Assured

The night sky fell over the village like a blanket. Naruto finished up his unpacking almost an hour ago, Sasuke made a simple dinner for them but enough protein to meet the requirements for the blondes health. It was of course his favorite ramen, but home made. It seemed Kakashi had stocked up enough food to at least have ramen for a month. Of course. Wouldn't be home without it. At least that's what Naruto presumed.

After their meal, Naruto went upstairs to start the shower for Sasuke, he could only imagine how filthy he felt from being incarcerated. He placed the matching sleep set that was provided by his team mate and captain on the counter near the sink. He looked at himself in the mirror scanning over his features, running his fingers through his hair, he breathed in slowly and exhaled shaky. He heard the door to the bathroom squeak and before he knew it Sasuke was behind him wrapping his arms around the his waist. "Shower? For me?" The raven asked resting his chin on his shoulder, looking at him through the mirror.

Naruto's face grew warm, the other man's touch always seemed to catch him off guard. He cupped the arms that were around him. "Yeah...I'm sure you could use it." He suggested before turning himself around in his grasp making sure his grasp never left, but this only made the raven come closer now facing him, gently pushing the blondes back up against the counter. "How thoughtful," he began to say, he hesitated for a moment as his eyes were casted in blue orbs, "care to join?" He asked with caution.

A tinge of red spread across Naruto's face, their bodies were pressed against each other, which was already enough for him to feel embarrassed, let alone taking a shower with him? No way I can't do that! He yelled at himself, feeling nervousness take over. "I-...uh-..." he couldn't manage to get a single word out.

Being as close as he was to the whiskered man, he felt the lust for him start to spark, which only reminded him of the night he pushed him beyond his limits. That guilt feeling took control over his lust. He didn't want to push him anymore, let alone force him to shower with him. He let a small smile be seen by the blonde. "It's okay, maybe another time?" He suggested. Naruto nodded in agreement, he couldn't speak for himself on how he really felt about getting in the shower with him so he remained silent.

Sasuke took a step back releasing the blonde from his grasp and the entrapment he put him in. He started undressing before the blonde could make it out of the bathroom, which only made his face become more red. "I-...I'll leave you to it." He said before walking to the door. "I'll leave it on for you when I'm done." The raven responded standing their in his boxers, Naruto nodded his head with a small smile, even though his face was beyond flushed he was still happy enough to know he was here. He closed the door and stood on the opposite side, listening to the shower curtain open then close.

His heart was pounding, his mind was racing on how close he was to being naked in the shower with him. That was close... he thought before pressing his back against the door and looking up. This is so...weird.. he couldn't help but feel this way. He knew there was feelings for the other man, but it felt as if those feelings only grew stronger every minute with him went by. He walked over to the bed, since the bathroom was apart of the bedroom, laying face down laying his head down on the pillow on the orange side of the bed.

"Sasuke..." he whispered to himself while facing the bathroom door. He pulled his arms up sliding them under the pillow. His heart wouldn't stop racing, he knew better then to let his mind control him, but the thoughts of depression he had days before Sasuke's arrival began taking over. Just because Sasuke was there now didn't mean his sadness completely disappeared, especially being alone in the moment, even if it was only for a little while.

Soon the door to the bathroom opened, the shower was still running, and out came a dark haired man with a grayish tinged towel wrapped around his waist, water streaks covered his body, his hair was limp while dripping onto his collar bones and shoulders. "Dobe...the showers ready." He muffled while using a second, but smaller towel to ruffle his hair, attempting to dry it. Naruto's eyes watched the man come out of the bathroom, but he couldn't seem to take his vision off the man's body. He slowly picked himself off the comforter, immediately removing his eyes from the raven once he got out of bed.

The steam pouring out of the bathroom was to much, he decided to leave the door open while Sasuke got dressed in the room, he undressed quickly leaving his clothes sprawled out on the bathroom floor. Not having to wait for the water to get warm he jumped right in. "Agh!" He flinched, jolting back from the heat of the water. "Are you trying to kill me?!" He yelled out while quickly changing the temp to even it out. He could hear Sasuke snickering, which only meant he was close.

Naruto peaked his head out from behind the shower curtain to see Sasuke standing in the bathroom door way, leaning on the wood frame with his arms crossed over his chest. "Oops...sorry~." He said with a smile. He was dressed in the night outfit, it fit him well and of course the color really made his skin pop. Naruto's hair was wet, it fell limp as his face began to heat up again. What a stupid joke! He thought before shutting the shower curtain and continuing his shower.

"Don't stay in there too long, or your fingers will look like pickles." Sasuke remarked before making his leave and laying on his back, on the black side of the bed. He folded his arms up and behind his head looking up at the ceiling.

Baka... Naruto thought to himself finishing up his shower quicker then normal.