Eggs and Toast

The smell of food was enough to make the blondes stomach growl in a way that actually hurt. He balled himself on the couch, laying on his side using his arms to cup his legs to his chest, trying to relieve the stomach pain. It wasn't long until Sasuke set a plate of scrambled eggs and white buttered toast  on the coffee table, making Naruto immediately perk up. His face started to warm up as his eyes went up catching the black orbs above him. "Th-Thank you" He quietly said to him. "No worries." The raven responded with sincerity.

Naruto watched him walk around the table and sit on the couch next to him. His heart was pulsating as he felt the couch slightly sink from the weight of the other man coming in contact with the cushions. He wasn't to close that would make him feel uncomfortable but close enough to provide some kind of form of comfort.

Sasuke knew there was more going on with the blonde then he was showing. He was concerned for him so he took this time to question him. "When's the last time you ate, other then two days ago?" He asked bluntly keeping his eyes set on scoping the room out, checking out all the tiny details, no normal person would see.

He was in the middle of taking a bite of the eggs, while now sitting crisscrossed on the couch with one hand holding the plate up to his mouth. "Mnf..." he started before realizing he had a mouthful. He stuck out the hand that was holding the fork, pointing out the index finger as of saying 'hold on'. Once he finished the bite he brought the plate down to his lap and glanced over at the Uchiha.

"Two days before we ate together. So other then our two meals we somewhat shared, four days ago." He said in a tone as if there was nothing wrong with that. Sasuke's eyes immediately shifted to him, glaring at the blue eyes that soon went back to the plate of food between his legs. The blonde continued to eat avoiding eye contact, feeling the very harsh glare he was receiving. "Ramen doesn't count as a meal, and that's way to long!" Sasuke argued. It was out of character for him to be so flustered but he was a little upset on how the whiskered man took such little care of himself. "What about water?"

Naruto shifted in his position a little bit, feeling as if he was being interrogated. He was already about half way done with his food before setting the fork down and grabbing the already refilled glass of water Sasuke got while he was waiting for his food, taking a rather large gulp before setting it back down and turning his head towards him. "Just as long." He responded with an effortless smile. It wasn't to big like his usual smile, but enough to show he was trying to be innocent.

Sasuke sighed, leaning back against the couch with his hands resting in his lap. He looked to be thinking rather hard, but that didn't keep the blonde from eating the remainder of his food.

Once he finished he set the plate down and picked up the glass of water, finishing that as well before taking a deep breath. "Thanks again, I really needed that." He said as he threw his hands up and behind his head, while leaning his back against the couch too.

"How are you feeling now?" Sasuke asked while keeping his eyes down at his fingers that subconsciously began fidgeting. Naruto noticed this, which only made him a little jittery too. The room started to feel a little awkward. "B-Better now..." he trailed off in a response that was very quiet, bringing his hands down to his lap as if copying  Sasuke's moves. His fingers starting to trickle together. "I mean mentally...are you okay?" This seemed to catch the blonde by surprise. Is he really worried about me? He thought how unrealistic it was for Sasuke to be showing so much concern. Worrying about his food intake made sense as that would be a natural concern for anyone. But reaching deeper, trying to make sure that he was mentally stable felt a whole lot more personal. Not that he was complaining just surprised.

"Well.... If I'm being honest everything's a little fucked up...you know?" He stated truthfully. There definitely was more behind what he said but Sasuke had a feeling maybe now wasn't the time. Still, he couldn't help but push a little more. "Is it me?" He said with uncertainty. Naruto's fingers stopped moving around, he sat still as if frozen. His mind started to wander if Sasuke really was apart of the problem. And if he was, he definitely wasn't ready to come to a conclusion like that, not after everything that happened and also being room mates, assigned by the Hokage himself, for so long. Five years is a long time. A commitment for sure.

The feelings he felt while Sasuke was incarcerated were real, there was no doubt about. But trying to understand them was difficult and acting on it was a whole other world. One Naruto never thought of until just recently within the last few days. "Sasuke..." he whispered, hesitating to make his next move, but proceeded too anyway. Slowly rotating his body to where his back was facing Sasuke, slowly leaning back, resting his head down onto the other man's lap, forcing Sasuke to lifts his hands up from his lap, allowing him to rest his head on him. The black onyx eyes looked down at the blue envy eyes that were staring back up at him.

"I've been going through a lot...Even recently...your timing wasn't perfect. Especially after Jiraya....but.." he turned his head still laying on the other man's lap, breaking the eye contact that seemed so important in the moment. "I wouldn't change your timing for the life of me.." he finished softer then before. Sasuke could hear the slight sound of generosity, and possibly love in his voice? His eyes remained locked on the blondes face, he could see the color change in his complexion.

So.....he is happy I'm back?