Cry With Me In The Rain

The heat radiating in his chest felt like a sauna. He fought back the urge to scream even though all he wanted to do was just yell at his Sensai to hear him out. Listen to the pain he's been enduring and the happiness he felt the night before having Sasuke back. But he couldn't even come close to admitting the things that took place the night prior. Instead he made himself come to a resolve. "How long until we know what the conclusion is?" He asked as his eyes lowered, he balled his fists by his sides. "At least two days." Kakashi responded but knew there was more that the blonde wanted to say, his face expression and voice gave it away. It wasn't rocket science when it came to Naruto and his feelings.

"Right...Makes sense, you know?" He stammered in response, bringing a hand up and running it through his spiky hair. Letting out a sigh that definitely was pronounced shaky, he bowed his head to the Hokage making sure he signaled his understanding. Without hesitating any further he chose to make his leave. He turned his body to head towards the door, as his hand grabbed the handle beginning to twist, his back facing the older man, who soon spoke up. "It's not always good to keep things to yourself Naruto....It's good to talk things out." He made a quick suggestion in hopes he would loosen up and talk to him. Understandably he threw his free hand up, "Eh...yeah I know." Without another word he made his leave.

The whole way home felt like an illusion to him. By the time he got through his door, he realized he couldn't remember the walk there, or if anyone spoke to him. It was a big blur. When he stepped into the familiar surroundings, his mind went from blank to full of thoughts from the night before. He ripped off his shoes tossing them by the door, unzipping his jacket and tossing it onto the floor. Stumbling through the house while taking his pants off slowly. He kicked them off his feet, catching himself in the bathroom doorway. Leaning over and turning the faucet onto cold. He finished undressing himself removing his boxers, stepping out of them.

Cold water is a great refresher, at least that's what Tsunade would tell him when he was younger, of course not really believing her, he still found a comfort in it. He stepped into the shower, tossing the curtain closed behind him. Without turning towards the faucets he remained forward allowing his arms to press against the wall while gently placing his forehead against the cold tile. The chilly water fell down his back, covering his body completely, his eyes closed solely from being exhausted keeping them open. His brain was just sparking with thoughts, mainly focusing on the damage Sasuke has caused him within the last forty-eight hours.

Why would he do this? Why come back and do what he did knowing what could happen!? This is why...this is why I didn't want to say anything! His thoughts were getting angry, not just melancholy, but true vexation. Why couldn't he just come back and be quiet about his feelings!? Why did he play the selfish card?  Intrusive and crossness thoughts invaded his innocence. If it wasn't for the cold reality that was drowning him, he wouldn't be so irritated at the situation at hand. "Damn it Sasuke!" He yelled out to himself slamming a fist against the shower wall. Knowing if he continues with these thoughts it will only lead to another dark side of him he isn't quite ready to face again.

After his shower he found himself dried off and dressed in the clothes he had on the night before, sprawled out on his bed. The vague smell of Sasuke lingering in the room. His back laid flat and his eyes shut. It wasn't but five minutes before he ended up falling asleep, being consumed by the darkness behind his eyelids. Already staring down the wrong path, he hadn't eaten dinner or drank any fluids since the sun came up. Not caring for his health was a first sign of a dangerous rabbit hole, that he was falling down.

It's not like he really has anyone he can talk to about this other then Kakashi, which who may or may not understand his true thoughts and feelings. It's not like he even himself has accepted those feelings, he so tried to fight. But not having Sasuke there and now really made him come to that realization of love and lust mixed in one, that he has for the Raven. As seconds turned into minutes which then turned into hours, since he last saw Sasuke in the Hokages office, he has come to reason with those feelings. He loves Sasuke. Maybe before it wasn't a love he could defy as romantic, but definitely one that he knew he couldn't let go, and would do anything and everything to show and or prove it to him. At least just to tell him. To protect him.

As the night came and soon moonlight taking over the room's atmosphere, he woke up to the sound of rain pattering on his window. Flashes of light piercing through brighter then the moons rays. It's raining. He took a moment before moving even the slightest bit, looking through the window above him. He watched as rain droplets splattered across the glass, and dropped down like tears. Only to feel the comparison of the rain droplets with the tears that clouded his vision. There wasn't holding back at this point. It was as if the skies were sad like him. He figured why not share the moment with the clouds. By himself, just like before.

Nothings really changed... minus feelings I never knew I had...