(1) Powers

"There is some one calling me, I can feel it" the girl surrounded by blue flashy lights roamed around the room.
"My powers are getting stronger day by day that I'm finding it difficult to control" she continued to speak as she walked.
Her long blue hanfu swept the floor.
She was a paragon of beauty, she had an extremely long hair, beautiful pair of eyes and a fair white skin, yet people say she was cursed.
"She is the cursed one right?"
She was born with mysterious powers , her powers were so rare that everyone including her own father thought she was cursed.
Now she is locked up in this tiny dark room and only the magic glowing out of her hand was the source of light.
"Let it all end, I've been different from other people, I wish I could just leave this world"
Though as older folks say it, since a very long time ago, once a war was declared then the warriors of an empire would gather to begin the battle, the large war drums would be hitted, then the battle began.
The victorious warriors then bring back the wounded soldiers of the defeated empire with them back home, they also took along their women (women of the defeated empire) with them.
The men are then trained to join the army, while the women, some of them would become servants in the emperor's palace while some would be forced to marry the men.
The one took as servants in the emperor's palace would work tirelessly, then perhaps the emperor might chose some of them to become his concubine.
Yeah she remembered her mother popularly known as concubine Yu Mei xing, third concubine of emperor
Wei Ming Li ruler of Mingshan empire.
Her mother lived in the lotus palace, though it wasn't large like the first concubine palace but it was beautiful.
Her mother had her brother.
He was the crown Prince of mingshan empire since the empress have not a male child yet.
Crown Prince Wei Zhi Jin was a handsome young prince of about 20 years old, he is well trained and well mannered, two years older than her.
When her mother had Wei Zhi Jin, the empress was very envious.
"How could a concubine have a male child before me?"
So she never liked concubine Yu Mei Xing and her two children.
But because of her powers the little princess was locked up in an abandoned part of the palace premises. A room where insects and termites stay, a room where not even a criminal would be asked to stay.
She had gone through it all, though she kept her powers hidden from everyone except her mother and brother, but as it grew stronger and stronger it began to get put of hand.
But why? Why has she suddenly been accused of something she didn't know about.
Earlier in her tiny room that morning, she heard as the castle maidens walked around sharing and awful news.
"Fourth concubine xiu is dead, they say that a sharp ice was found on her bed."
"It is certainly the fifth princess, she is the one who has ice magic around here" a maid said.
And others believed, they spread the news till it got to the emperor's ears, he thought and thought over it.
"Perhaps it is true"
Now the poor innocent girl wasn't given a chance to defend herself.
"According to the rules, anyone who killed someone must be killed. There is no injustice!"
She still roamed about her little room, then peeped out of the dusty window, 'Aren't they killing me anymore?' She thought within her.
Not until she heard the sound of a cartwheel.
'Oh they are here'
She tried as much as she could to cover the blue light that is shining brightly from her palm before the soldiers entered her room.
But it didn't, the light shone brightly the more.
The soldiers barged in.
"Look another proof!" They pointed at her.
"I AM INNOCENT! I didn't harm the concubine" she spoke to them boldly.
"Huh!"
She was pulled out of her room with a rope in her neck.
"Today you shall die"
Why is everyone gathering? Haven't they ever seen someone been killed before?
She was irritated.
As the black rope was tied on her neck, she felt as people whipped her, they threw stones and sticks at her.
"Die! Die! Die! Kill! Kill! Kill!" They sang.
'Am I going to die? Should I use my powers?'
"Wei Zhi Xin!" She heard her brother's voice, his face was wet with tears.
"Stand back your highness, there's no mercy for the criminal" a guard spoke.
She instantly stretched out both of her hands and the blue light came out of her hand violently.
The whole place was quiet, yet she felt a large force that pulled her.
And she landed on the bare ground with a large thud.
"Aah!"

Thanx for reading love you.
Please vote n comment.
Also share this story please. 💖