(39) He Killed Him

Wei Zhixin opened her eyes slowly, she couldn't remember what happened or how she even arrived at her room.
Her maid Ruoxi was standing in front of her smiling warmly.
"Miss is awake"
Wei Zhixin looked at herself, she was now wearing a white hanfu.
Where is Bai?
She saw Shen Liqiang coming inside.
"Physician, please is she alright now?" He asked worriedly.
The physician is a man who is short in height and had long beards.
"I'm okay" Wei Zhixin said even before he asked her how she was feeling.
"Please give her this herb twice a day." He gave Ruoxi a herb inside a brown small plate."You will get better your highness" he reassured her before leaving the room.
Maid Ruoxi instantly wanted to feed little miss the herb, but she rejected it.
"Take it away, I don't want it"
"But miss, the physician said that you must take it so that you won't have headaches. Please young miss, just have a spoon"
Ruoxi persisted her.
But Wei Zhixin was true to her words.
"Ruoxi, for the millionth time I said I'm okay without the herb!" She shouted at her.
Ruoxi kept the herb on top of the table then went out.
Wei Zhixin stood up, she wanted to get the herb and throw it out of her window, but she lose her balance that she nearly fell, thanks to Shen Liqiang who was there that quickly caught her.
"Why are you been so stubborn? You won't take the herbs so that you will get better, now you want to throw it out again, What has it done to you?" He probed.
Wei Zhixin didn't know what to say except;
"I'm sorry Shen Liqiang, that servant of yours was just too nefarious, I couldn't control myself any longer. I had tried to kill him" she confessed and avoid looking at his face.
"Wei Zhixin, why are you hiding your face? The jerk is dead alr..."
Wei Zhixin couldn't believe that she had killed someone.
'0h no! Am I going to rot In prison?' she thought within her.
"No, you won't" Shen Liqiang answered. He could actually hear her thoughts.
He was actually returning from the capital hall with Haoyu, when he perceived Wei Zhixin scent. It was coming from the direction of the bushy and isolated part of the palace.
He wondered what Wei Zhixin could be doing there, or had she gone to do the foot splashing on the water stuff?
That when he saw the dreadful scene where Wei Zhixin was about to kill Hai Tao.
"Why wouldn't I rot in jail? Been your mate doesn't matter, justice must be done" she sank on the bed.
"That's because I killed him" Shen Liqiang disclosed.
He divulged the secrets of how he ended up killing Hai Tao.
"All I have to do is to slit his throat with that blunt sword of his" he spoke as though as it was nothing.
"Shen Liqiang, I never knew you to be this merciless" she screamed incredulously, finding it difficult to believe her ears.
"I was just been merciful, you know he had served me once. So I wanted to give him a sweet death. He is even lucky to have died in such a simple way" Shen Liqiang shrugged.
He grabbed Wei Zhixin's Chin.
She removed his hand from her chin.
"Leave me alone, don't touch me" she frowned.
"What's wrong?"
"Are you alright?"
He noticed that she was now looking very sad.
Shen Liqiang hates when she is looking that way.
He wanted her to be cheerful all the time, he felt really uncomfortable looking at her sad face.
He held her chin up, their face nearing each other, his penetrating bluish black eyes were as if it could see her inner eyes.
He asked her.
"Wei Zhixin, are you killing me?"