(40) Mother Replied

Wei Zhixin looked at him shyly, why was he looking straight into her eyes.
"I don't kill people, and even if I do, why will I ever kill you?" She replied standing up.
"Of course you are killing me Wei Zhixin, why aren't you talking to me?"
"Because you killed Hai Tao, why  must you have to kill him?" She asked further, pouting her lips like a child.
"Fine, I'm sorry. I just can't let him go after he harmed you" he apologize candidly.
"Your sorry won't bring the dead person back" Wei Zhixin was secretly happy that Shen Liqiang killed Hai Tao.
She would have killed the scoundrel herself, she still had a slight headache from the pulling of her hair, and her scalp aches a lot.
Shen Liqiang went out of her room, while she decided to look at her injured head, Ruoxi entered the room with a plate of food.
Wei Zhixin felt bad for shouting at Ruoxi, the girl is just been kind.
"Ruoxi, I'm very sorry for shouting at you" she apologized sincerely.
"It is okay young miss, I shouldn't have forced you instead" she replied smiling.
Wei Zhixin grabbed the food and opened the food.
"How did you know I want to eat noodles?" She asked bewildered.
Ruoxi laughed.
"I don't know either, I just thought that you would want to eat noodles today"
"Let's share it together" Wei Zhixin offered.
Ruoxi was surprised, she never thought she would share a meal with the future empress.
Future empress?
What is she even thinking?
Had she been assured that Wei Zhixin is marrying the emperor?
"Oh come on, don't be so shy. You always reject all my offers, what have I done wrong to you Ruoxi?" Wei Zhixin sulked playfully.
"Nothing miss, I just thought that it is inappropriate for me to be sharing a meal with y..."
Wei Zhixin forced her to seat on the chair, she handed a pair of chopstick to her.
Ruoxi couldn't refuse any longer, she also began eating.
When the lunch was over, Ruoxi left with the dishes.
No sooner did she left, Shen Liqiang came inside her room holding an envelope.
"Here is a surprise for you, I hope you've forgotten about that rascal?" He smiled.
"Are you serious? What surprise?" She was so curious.
"First, perhaps we should go to the secret library. Will you be a able to walk?"
"Of course, I'm okay. I can even run" she didn't want to tell him about the slight headache. Besides, she wanted to see the first surprise he had for her.
Her hanfu was alright, so she quickly followed Shen Liqiang out of her room.
And for the first time, she cursed the secret library for been so far.
Shen Liqiang just walked in front of her, and once they got inside the secret library, she couldn't even wait for Shen Liqiang to turn, she just shouted.
"Show me! show me please!"
"It is this letter, your mother sent it"
"My..my mother?" She was dumbstruck. Her mother had replied to her letter.
She hugged Shen Liqiang before opening the the envelopes.
"Wow, mother's handwriting is so nice" she remarked. She had never seen her mother's handwriting before.

My dearest daughter,
Words can't explain how much I missed you.
My dear I knew I wronged you please forgive me my dearest.
I also have lot's to tell you. And you could come to me anytime.
I'm extremely happy that you are alive safe and sound.
I thank the ancestors for helping you out and also meeting such a benefactor.
My regards to him.
I wish I could see you now.
Wei Zhijin sent his greetings. He had been shedding tears of joy to hear that you are safe.
I really wish to continue, but I have to stop now.
Your mother,

Wei Zhixin had began to cry.
"Oh..oh.. My goodness!"