(5) Warm Treatment

'Oh what's the use of this warm treatment when they are still going to kill me?' Wei Zhi Xin thought.
She wondered why she was been treated by the maid servant as if she was someone royal.
She was even calling her YOUNG MISS. Wasn't she scared of her powers?
When maid Ruo Xi was done with Wei Zhi Xin hair, she then arrived with plenty of hanfus.
"You can choose one of them young miss" she told her.
"Wow, thanks. Thanks a lot" she smiled at her, though the maid can only tell that she was grateful by her smile, because Wei Zhi Xin voice was extremely low.
Well perhaps the ancestors wanted her to meet some kind people.
'What if they decided not to kill me? I could go free, or find something to begin a quite good life. But will my powers let me? Oh somebody teach me how to control it!'
She kept on thinking.
Well perhaps it's the other way round, they wouldn't give her any chance, and they were just treating her kindly so that she could cry bitter during her punishment.
"Miss, Tue bed is ready?"
Wei Zhi Xin looked at the bed, wow it was so cozy, soft and smooth.
She had never slept on something like that, because back in her own room, or should I say cave? She's been used to sleeping in the bare floor.
She smiled at the maid again.
"Tell me if you need anything young miss" she added while going out.
Wei Zhi Xin changed into the orange colored hanfu without ornaments.
'What's the use of wearing ornaments when I'm nearing my pyre?'  She thought within her.
Now she stood wondering if she should sleep, what if the soldiers decided to kill her in her sleep?
Well just like they say: 'A criminal has no mercy'
But those people would never believe that she had never harmed anyone with her powers, except herself.
Yeah, she had harmed herself with her powers on a countless times.
When she was 16 years old. Back then in her pit like room, her mother had secretly visited her and she was so excited.
But when she was about to leave for her lotus palace, Wei Zhi Xin became very emotional.
"Mother please stay a little longer" she cried.
Her mother looked back at her in tears, then patted her on the head. "I wish I could stay my dear, but I don't want anyone to find me here"
"Fine go! You were suppose to be supporting me remember? You are my mother and no one in this world can I be closer to for now except you! How can you let the emperor order you to stay away from me?" She shouted at her mother.
"I'm sorry" her mother said thus and went out.
Wei Zhi Xin had remembered feeling very very angry.
She had spent almost 10 years in the pit like room. When was she going to be set free?
That day, she felt ice covering all her body quickly, but she hurriedly broke them away.
And now she laid on the soft bed, her eyes closed, but she felt a light or a watery substance pouring out of her hands, it was her powers.
Oh not again!

Hi happyhuis,
You like the chapter? Then support me
Bye 💖💖