Chapter One: New School

My alarm was blaring in my ears as I got out of bed. I turned off my alarm and started stretching, and doing simple Yoga practices to get me ready for the morning, and my new school. I picked out my clothes for the morning and I put them on, and brushed out my hair. I washed my face and went downstairs for breakfast. 

I grabbed cereal and poured it in my bowl and added milk. Once I ate my breakfast, I brushed my teeth quickly, grabbed my backpack, and left my house. I was walking to school all by myself, since I didn't have any friends yet. This is my new school after all...new opportunities to make new friends, right? 

I put my backpack in my locker, and walked to my first class. Nobody spoke to me, nor even looked in my direction. Which I was used to, I was an outcast in my other school anyways. Why would things be different in a different school? Each class I went to seemed boring, and nobody looked in my direction. 

Soon lunch came around, and I brought a bagged lunch. I sat in the corner of the lunchroom all by myself, without a care in the world. Nobody would sit next to me anyways, right? But, boy, I was wrong. A cute girl with blue eyes, short strawberry blonde hair, and a red bow came walking towards me. 

"Hello! Are you the new kid?" The girl asked me. I nodded shyly as she sat down next to me. She opened her lunch which was a tuna sandwich, fruit cup, and trail mix. The girl giggled at my embarrassment. "Don't be shy! My name is Sayori, what's yours?"

"...It's Y/N..." I chuckled shyly. Light blush was spreading across my face. 

"What a lovely name! Wanna be friends?" Sayori asked me, she smiled brightly, like I wasn't an awkward nuisance. 

"Oh...sure!" I gasped from being surprised that she wanted to be my friend. ME of all people?? Geez...she must have bad taste. 

"Yay!! I love new friends! Wanna join my club by any chance? I'm sure you'll love it!" Sayori offered.

"Ah...sure. What's the club about?"

"Oh, it's a Literature Club! Sure, it may sound boring...but it's actually quite exciting! The club members will make you feel right at home, I pinky promise!" 

"I'll give your club a shot! Are you the president of the club?"

"Oh, no! I'm the Vice President!"

"That's still cool."

"Yuppers! Welp, I'll see ya around, Y/N! Lunch is about to end shortly!"

"Aha okay! Bye, Sayori!"

"Bye-bye, Y/N!"

And with that, Sayori threw away the rest of her uneaten lunch and skipped away, humming peacefully to herself. It made me happy to finally have a friend...it's been a long time since I've had a friend, ever since that incident...everybody was afraid of me. Now I can start over...and maybe make everybody happy around me...something I couldn't do at my old school anymore. 

I threw the rest of my lunch away as well, and got back to my next class. The rest of the school day went by slow as ever, but eventually it was club time. I tried looking for Sayori in the hallways, and eventually found her putting her stuff away in her locker. Her locker looked like a complete mess, and she was trying to stuff everything in there. Nobody seemed to be willing to help her, and it made me sad.

"Hey Sayori!" I greeted her. Sayori looked at me and smiled in embarrassment. 

"Ah! Don't look at my locker...it's such a mess!!" Sayori squealed. 

"Do you want me to help? We still have extra time before the club starts, right?" I asked her. 

"R-Really? You'd be willing to do that? You don't have to if you don't want to! I...I-I'm not forcing you!"

"I know, but I want to help! Really, I do!"

"If you say so..."

I started helping Sayori to organize her locker, so it was cleaner and easier to look at for the eyes. Once we finished organizing, Sayori looked relieved to get that heavy weight off of her chest about the cleaning situation. 

"Thank you so much, Y/N! You're too kind, you know?" Sayori exclaimed and hugged me.

"Oh, it's no biggie! Let's get to the club room, shall we?" I asked her. Sayori nodded while we headed to her club: The Literature Club.