Chapter Twenty Five: Healing

Yuri stared at the floor for the longest time, trying to calm down her breathing. I gently pulled her sleeves down to cover her cuts. Yuri looked at me solemnly.

"You aren't mad...are you...?" Yuri whispered.

"Of course not. I'm here to help you no matter what the cost is," I tell her. "I really care about you and the others. It hurts to see you in pain, Yuri. I'm not mad, I am just concerned for your mental health. Would you please let me help you?"

Yuri thinks for a moment and takes a shaky breath. She timidly nods.

"Y-Yes...please help me..."

I stroke her cheek gently and a show her a small reassuring smile.

"Here, let's go to the nurses office to cover those cuts, alright?"

I help Yuri stand up. She wipes the excess tears on her sleeve as we walk to the nurses office. Luckily the nurse wasn't in the room at the time, so Yuri timidly rolls up her sleeves as I put Neosporin on her cuts. She winces a bit, but doesn't protest. Then I place band-aids on her open wounds.

After that, Yuri rolls her sleeves down. We leave the nurses office and slowly walk to the literature club.

"W-Why...were you roaming the halls in the...first place...?" Yuri asked, sounding extremely uneasy.

"Nobody besides Monika showed up in the club room. I found Sayori zoning out, and heard noise around the corner, where you were. I don't know where Natsuki is, but I hope she was just late and is in the club room now."

Yuri stays silent, but nods slowly.

"I see..." She mutters.

We both enter the classroom, and everybody else seems to have been there already.

"What took you guys so long?" Natsuki wondered. Thankfully Natsuki was already there, so she was probably just late I assume.

"U-Um..." Yuri didn't know how to answer, so I decided to answer for her.

"Yuri was reading a book in her study hall and lost track of time," I lied. I was hoping that they would all believe me. Yuri glared at me for a bit, in a thankful manner.

"Ohh! Makes sense! You do that quite often," Sayori points out. Monika smiles sweetly.

"Y-Yeah..." Yuri mutters. "I do..."

Yuri walks over to the nearest desk and grabs her book to start reading per usual. Monika walks up to me.

"Ready to read with me? We rarely ever hang out, and--"

"Could Y/N and I hang out today...?" Sayori muttered. "Sorry to be a bother, but I don't hang out with them enough..."

Monika stares at Sayori blankly. It was unlike Sayori to speak out like that. I could tell Monika was a bit aggravated, so I knew I had to save the situation.

"How about I get to hang out with everybody individually?" I offered. "Since people seem to make a big deal out of hanging out with me and who's able to, maybe I get to hang out with everybody today? Monika first, then Sayori, then Yuri, and lastly, Natsuki?"

Everybody was silent for a second, but seemed to be content with my idea.

"Amazing idea," Monika states. Maybe it is possible to try to make everybody happy...