Chapter Seven: Pain Is Concealed, Right?

It was Saturday, and it was time to help Sayori with the posters we'd be placing around the school.

I'm coming over! I texted Sayori. She didn't respond, which made me anxious. But I pushed those nerves aside, and knocked on the door. There seemed to be no response. Luckily the door was unlocked, so I opened it. I carefully went to Sayori's bedroom and knocked on her bedroom door. There wasn't any response.

I pushed my subtle fear aside and slowly opened the door. I saw Sayori who was in her bed, yet she was awake...it looks like she didn't want to get off the bed, maybe?

"Hey, Sayori. Are you ready to work on the posters now?" I asked her. Sayori sat up and nodded.

"Y-Yeah! I'm ready!" Sayori stuttered. "Sorry I wasn't ready...ehe...I forgot that you were coming to see me first..."

"I texted you though, right?"

"A-Ah! You did?? Sorry...my phone was on silent!" Sayori did sound genuinely guilty, so I tried to reassure her that it was alright.

"Oh, it's fine! It was only a simple 'I'm coming over' text, after all! No need to worry!"

"Okay...if you say so!" Sayori sighed. "Should I go downstairs and grab the supplies? Sorry for not being prepared..."

"It's fine! And yeah, please do that. I'll wait patiently!"

Sayori nodded and went downstairs. A couple minutes passed, and she still didn't show up. My eyes gravitated towards an open drawer. Usually I wouldn't snoop, but I was starting to feel curious about what was in there. I stood up and approached the drawer. I opened it to full capacity. My stomach dropped as I stared at the contents of the drawer...

A noose...? What the hell?? Was Sayori planning on...killing herself? I grabbed the noose and placed it in my backpack. Soon enough, Sayori came upstairs with the supplies for making posters.

"Alright! Are you ready?" Sayori asked.

"Y-Yeah...I am..." My voice trailed off, and Sayori looked at me with concern.

"What's wrong?" Sayori questioned.

I stayed silent, not knowing what to tell her. Sayori looked behind me and saw the drawer open...her face turned grim.

"You.....saw it...." Sayori gasped. "Y-You....saw it..."

A tear rolled down Sayori's face as her face turned sad and upset.

"Why did you look...?"

"Sayori...please don't kill yourself..."

"It's for everybody's own good!! I don't deserve to live anymore, okay? Just let me die!"

"No, Sayori. Please...you deserve to live..."

"Why? What did I do to deserve life?"

"You're an amazing person, and if you'd die...I'd be heartbroken..."

"Why...?"

"Sayori..." I went up to her and hugged her. "You're more important than my life...please know how much I love you..."

Sayori stayed quiet, but she did hug me back.

"Y/N...you know I trust you with my whole life, right?"

I nodded.

"O-Okay...please show me how to be happy again, okay? I need your guidance."

"Alright...I'll do my best, okay?"

"Thank you."

"You're welcome...shall we start on our posters?"

"Yes, please."

We soon let go of our hug and started on our posters.