Chapter Twenty Seven: Get Out Of My Head

Once Sayori and I were outside of the classroom, Sayori adverts eye contact. Her eyes were glossy as she took a few shaky breaths.

"I...I don't know what to do, Y/N."

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"The rain clouds aren't going away at all. My mind is just getting meaner and meaner. With you living with Natsuki now, and your family--including Violet--being away on some sort of trip...my imagination is getting meaner. I know I'm selfish, but...I can't get you out of my head. No matter how hard I try. Is this what pain feels like? I can't pretend anymore. I know you're a good friend of mine...but I can't hide my feelings anymore. I'm starting to love you too much...you're all I can think about. But...you seem to like everybody else, don't you?"

A couple tears fell down her face, her eyes looked dull and solemn. Her skin was more pale than usual and her lip is quivering.

"Sayori..." I sighed as I held her shaking hands. "Don't underestimate how much I care about you, Sayori...just because Natsuki lives with me, I walked Yuri to the classroom today, and I'm hanging out with Monika first, doesn't mean I don't care about you. Truth is, I care about you a lot. That has never changed. You're the reason why I joined this club, and I appreciate you for it. You're the girl that holds this club together. Without you, things are completely off. You're the one that resolves Natsuki and Yuri's fights. You're the vice president, you know. You matter. I really care about you and all of the others. Please don't underestimate how much you matter."

Sayori was speechless and gave me a pitiful smile. I can tell it was fake, just to make me feel a bit better about myself.

"You don't mean that, do you?"

"Of course I do. You matter a lot to me. You know you can visit whenever you want, right? We're in the same neighborhood, so you can stop by whenever you want. Please, Sayori, don't say those types of things to yourself. You're amazing, funny, and you really make me smile. You're all of our friends, and we really care about you, alright?"

Sayori glances at the floor and frowns. But her tears are dried up as she wordlessly nods.

"Can I sleep over at your house with you and Natsuki tonight? I...don't want to be at my house with my swarming thoughts," Sayori asks me.

"Of course you can. Natsuki will be understanding. I am too. You can stay over as long as you want. We're all here for you."

She looks at me. Her crystal blue eyes were focused on me, trying to read into my facial expressions. All of my expressions were genuine. Those were my true feelings, so there was nothing to look into.

"O-Okay...I trust you. This is what's best for me, right?"

"Yeah, it is. I'm here with you, please know that."

"W-We should probably go back to the club. The others will get suspicious if you're gone for too long."

And with that, the moment was over once I entered the classroom with Sayori.