Chapter Two: The Literature Club

Sayori quickly opened the door, to the point I was afraid the door would break from its hinges, but they thankfully stayed put. 

"Guuuyys!! I've brought a new club member!" Sayori exclaimed. Everybody's head perked up when they saw me. I stopped in my tracks when I saw them...this club is full of cute girls! 

"Sayori!! You should tell us before you invite people randomly," One of the girls pouted. They had pink bubblegum hair, pink eyes, and they seemed to be more petite than the others. 

"S-Sorry! They're just the new kid, and I thought that they would like to join our club as a starting-out club for this new school. I didn't think to tell you guys ahead of time..." Sayori sighed.

"It's alright, Sayori. We're glad you were thinking of the club, after all!" Another girl exclaimed. She had long brown-ish hair that is in a white bow, and green eyes that seemed to glisten in the light.

The other girl, who had purple hair, purple eyes, and seemed to be more reserved than the others, looked up from her book to see what all of the commotion was. When she realized it was because of a new club member, she walked over to us.

"Oh, Sayori...you brought in a new club member?" The purple haired girl asked Sayori.

"Yup!" Sayori giggled. "How about everybody should introduce themselves first! Since Y/N's a new kid, after all!"

"My pleasure! My name is Monika, the president of the Literature Club. I'm so glad you had the time to arrive! It really helps our club out," Monika stated.

"U-Um...my name is Yuri...oh! Is it alright if I make tea for everybody?" Yuri offered.

"That would be lovely, Yuri," Monika chuckled.

The pink haired girl stayed silent for a while, before finally introducing herself.

"My name is Natsuki, I guess...you better remember it! Or I'll be your worst nightmare," Natsuki giggled. 

"I bet you would be," I sarcastically remarked. 

Natsuki snickered, and she sneakily smiled at me. 

"Y/N's your name right? I'm pretty sure I heard Sayori say it once," Monika noted. 

"Yeah, it is," I told her.

"Nice name! What made you want to join the Literature Club?"

"Oh...I just thought it would be interesting! I do have a bit of a passion for literature."

"I'm glad! I want to make sure you have a good time here, alright?"

"Alright, Monika."

Monika gave me a quick smile as Yuri finished up the tea she was making everybody. I sat down in a chair next to Sayori as Yuri dropped off a tea cup in front of me.

"I hope you don't mind Oolong tea...since I'm so used to making it, I forgot to ask you if you even wanted tea and what your preference was...my apologies, Y/N," Yuri apologized, clearly seeming embarrassed. 

"Oh, it's fine! No need to worry about it, Yuri," I reassured her. "I just appreciate that you were thinking about our club members, you know?"

Yuri smiled to herself for a moment before nodding.

"Yeah...okay!" Yuri exclaimed. I was drinking my tea and chilling in my chair. Yuri walks over to me, and takes a seat next to me. "Hey Y/N...I've been wondering, what type of books are you into?"

"Oh, it depends on my mood. I've been really getting into horror and fantasy lately, but because of my younger sister, she's been wanting me to read Manga, so today I was going to go book shopping for some Manga to read as well," I explained. Natsuki's head perked up at hearing the word "Manga".