Chapter Sixteen: Visiting

A day later, I decided to go to the hospital and check up on Natsuki, to make sure that she's doing okay now. Once I made it to the hospital, I had to tell the receptionist my name, and why I was there.

"Okay, I'll check in with the doctor and Natsuki, if she's awake, and ask them if you can come in. I'll be right back!" The receptionist tells me. I wait in the waiting room for the receptionist to be back. Once the receptionist came back, she nodded, motioning me to go and check up on Natsuki.

Once I walked in the room, Natsuki was awake, but she had an IV in her arm, and bandages everywhere to heal the bruises and bleeding. I went up to her bed, and Natsuki's pink eyes gleamed at me.

"Y/N..." Natsuki muttered. "You've saved me...from him..."

"Yeah...I guess I did," I chuckled.

Natsuki frowned for a moment.

"Do the other club members know about this...?"

"No, they do not. I just told them that you were busy...I never said anything about your abusive Dad."

"Thank you...I don't want them to know. Since they'll take pity on me, and I don't want that."

"Yeah, I understand."

Natsuki and I were quiet for a long moment, until a tear fell down Natsuki's face.

"You're really nice to me...nobody has ever been as nice and understanding as you...please don't ever leave me like my other past friends have..." Natsuki cried.

"I won't ever leave you...okay?"

"Thank you...so much."

"No problem...where will you live now that your Dad is in jail?"

"I...I don't know. I've never thought about that..."

"How about you stay at my place? Violet, my younger sister, and my Mom wouldn't mind. They're easygoing people, and you'll be happier there."

Natsuki thought about it for a moment, but then nodded.

"That sounds perfect. Thank you."

"No problem, Nat. I already told my Mom, and she said she's okay with it. So once you're completely healed, simply knock on the door and I'll let you in!"

"Okay...I'm going to go to sleep now to rest my head. I'll see you later, okay? Please visit some more in case I'm not healed soon."

"Alright, I promise. Bye Natsuki! See you again sometime soon!"

I wave goodbye and leave Natsuki and the hospital. I arrived back at my house, keeping my head held high. I was happy she was doing okay, and I'm glad her dad finally got the treatment he deserved. Natsuki will be in good hands soon...I promised myself and her that, and I never break a promise.