Chapter Thirteen: Festival Time

I woke up for the morning and got ready for the day. I grabbed my backpack off of the floor, then remembered I had the noose and pocket knife in there...I put the noose and pocket knife at the VERY bottom of my backpack, so nobody would be aware of it.

I was walking to the club room, and stepped inside. Monika was already there, sorting out the poems and pamphlets. She noticed that I walked in the room, and smiled.

"Wow, you're here early," Monika chuckled.

"Yep! What are you sorting?"

"Oh, I'm doing one last touch on the poems!"

"Cool! Is there anything I could do to help?"

"Well...we should wait for everybody else first, shouldn't we?"

"I guess so!"

I placed my backpack in the corner of the room and took a seat to wait for everybody else to arrive.

Yuri was the next one to come in, holding all of the atmosphere stuff we were working on on Saturday.

"Can I help?" I asked Yuri. Yuri smiled and nodded.

"Of course, Y/N."

I put the black paper over the windows while Yuri lit candles around the room. Yuri then set up the oil defuser. Yuri and I then hung up the banner. I stood back to look at all of the work we've done, and I smiled. I was happy with the work we've done.

"Ah...the atmosphere is much better," Yuri chuckled. Monika looked around the room.

"Wow! Yuri, you did an amazing job setting out the atmosphere. You too, Y/N. You both did a good job!"

"T-Thanks!" Yuri smiled.

Natsuki came in next, cupcake tray in hand. She placed down the cupcakes on a table in the front of the classroom.

"These cupcakes look amazing, Natsuki!" Monika exclaimed.

"Aha! Thank you!"

"Where's Sayori?" Yuri asked. Fear crept in my throat.

"Hey, Y/N...when was the last time you've seen Sayori?" Monika asked.

"Saturday, I believe."

"Alright...would you do us a favor and check out on her? Just to see if she's over sleeping again."

"Sure, I'll be right back in around 15 to 20 minutes!"

I ran out of the classroom, running to Sayori's house. I knocked on Sayori's door...no response. Okay, maybe she's sleeping in? I opened the door to her house and stepped inside. I raced to her bedroom and knocked on her door. It was awfully quiet, but it's always been this way whenever I wanted to go in her room.

I gripped the door knob. I opened the door slowly and stepped inside. Sayori was sleeping peacefully in her bed, blanket over her head.

"Sayori...?" My voice quivered. I shook her lightly. "Wake up...it's festival time, you know?"

She didn't wake up. I got very nervous as I pulled the blanket away from her face. Her hand was still bandaged up, which made me happy that she kept the bandage on.

"Hey, Sayori," I said with more force. Sayori slowly woke up, groaning silently. "It's festival time..."

"It...is...?" Sayori muttered. I nodded my head. Sayori sat up and looked around. She took a deep breath and smiled wearily.

"Where did you put the posters?"

"In my closet."

I nodded and grabbed the posters from the closet.

Sayori slowly get up and follows me to the club room, where we meet everybody.

"There you are!" Monika giggled.

"Yeah, I overslept again!" Sayori groaned, acting like her usual self again.

"You always oversleep!" Natsuki snorted.

"Ehe...hey! No need to point it out! I've been trying my best!!"

"Well, you and Y/N should probably hang up the fliers, right?" Monika suggested.

"Sure!" Sayori exclaimed. She looked at me as confirmation, and I nodded. Sayori and I leave the club room to hang the posters. After we finished that, we went back to the club room.

"Finished~!" Sayori sung. I knew she was pretending to be happy, but I couldn't help but smile.

"Sorry for being nosy but..." Yuri murmured. "Why is there a bandage on your hand...?"

"O-Oh!" Sayori yelped. "I--um..."

I decided to lie, to save the situation.

"Sayori was being clumsy and cut her hand by accident on the edge of her desk. It's sharper than it seems."

"Y-Yeah! It was painful..." Sayori chuckled.

"That must suck," Yuri sighed.

"It did! But luckily we had some spare bandages!"

I nodded as we waited for the festival to begin.