Chapter Twenty Three: Another Club Day

It was the next day, and I placed the story in my backpack. Though the story wasn't great, it wasn't the worst either. I just wish I was better at writing, but I guess nobody in the literature club will be perfect at writing either. I grabbed my backpack and trekked downstairs to see Natsuki, who's looking for something to eat.

"When was the last time you went to the supermarket?" She groaned. I shrugged.

"Probably last week I would assume."

"God, there's barely anything in this damn house!"

"I never asked for your criticism. There's a vending machine in school. I'll buy us something from there, okay?"

Natsuki nodded, and smiled softly.

"Okay! Though, you should probably grab some extra money in case Sayori nags us the entire time."

"Yeah, that's a good idea."

I grab some money from my wallet, and placed it in my backpack.

"Alright, let's get going."

"Wait! I still need to grab my backpack!"

"Alright, alright. No need to yell."

Natsuki runs up to her room and grabs her backpack.

"Okay! Now let's go."

I walk out of the house and Natsuki trails behind me. We wait in front of Sayori's house, and she stumbles out moments later.

"Gah! Sorry I'm late!" Sayori squealed.

"It's fine," I tell her. "Have you eaten breakfast yet?"

Sayori twiddles her fingers and looks down.

"No..."

"Alright, don't fret. I'm gonna get us three breakfast from the school's vending machine. Okay?"

Sayori smiles widely, and nods happily. "Yay!! Okay, sounds great!"

Natsuki, Sayori, and I started walking to school with each other. Luckily I have a lot of money from part time jobs I used to take apart in, so money wasn't an issue for me. Though, what I'm going to do after school is always a tough one. I know what the other girls are probably planning, but what about me? I'll need to think more about it.

We soon walked into the building, and we went over to the nearest vending machine, that had cookies, granola bars, and water bottles. Once Sayori and Natsuki said what they wanted, I put the coins in the vending machine and gave Sayori and Natsuki what they requested. I wasn't that hungry, so I decided against getting myself something. I'll be fine.

School was slow as ever, and the only part I was looking forward to is the literature club. Since that was my "happy space" where I can goof around with my closest friends.

Eventually the last bell rung, and it was club time. I was a bit excited, though there was fear nagging my throat, and I didn't know why. Maybe I was worried about sharing my stupid story. That would make sense, right? Why was I so paranoid all of a sudden? God, I should stop letting my thoughts run haywire. It only makes me overthink about shit that I shouldn't care about.

I opened the club room door and stepped in. I was the second one in the classroom, with Monika.

"Oh, hello Y/N. You're quite early," She points out.

"Yeah, I took a short cut to get here."

"Smart. I never knew there was a short cut."

A chill runs down my spine, but I try to ignore it as I continue speaking with Monika.

"Well...not really a 'short cut'. I simply sped walked here."

"Ah. Alright. Ready to share stories?"

"Not really...I'm kinda nervous, actually."

"You're going to do great. I can feel it."

Her eyes glistened in the light, and I chuckled a bit.

"Yeah, thanks."

"You're welcome. Here, why don't we sit down, relax, and wait for the others?"

"Uh...sure."

I sit down and grab a book to read. I didn't know how long I was going to wait, after all. I hope it's not too long...