Chapter Twenty One: Fixed Script Reboot

I woke up in my bedroom and looked around. The noose seemed to be safe in my backpack, which made me relieved. My head hurts like hell as I looked around. My head usually doesn't hurt this bad, but right now it does...but why? Did I sleep on the wrong side of the bed or something? For some odd reason, I felt like I should check up on Sayori.

Natsuki is in the guest bedroom, like usual, ever since her Dad was taken away to jail. I decided to wake Natsuki up, just so we aren't late to school. I knocked on the door.

"Natsuki? Time to wake up," I ordered. All I heard was Natsuki groaning.

"No!" Natsuki yelped. "Just give me...5 minutes..."

I sighed, "Nat...we're going to be late."

"Fineee...brb," Natsuki stated. I don't know why she uses abbreviations like "brb" or "irl" when speaking. But I stopped judging her a while ago. I shook my head as I headed to the kitchen to make us two breakfasts.

In around 10 minutes, Natsuki came down, smiling. Once we both ate breakfast, we headed to Sayori's house to wake her up.

"I'll wait outside while you go in. You're her childhood best friend, after all," Natsuki bragged.

"Okay, okay. I'll be right back," I told her. I went to Sayori's house and up to her bedroom. I knocked, but there was no response.

"Sayori? Wake up," I demanded. No response yet again. I took a deep breath and opened the door. She was sleeping peacefully in her room, which made me happy. I don't know why I was worried, but I didn't think much of it. I shook Sayori a little, and she slowly woke up.

"Hm?" Sayori groaned.

"It's time to wake up. We're going to be late to school," I tell her.

"Oh...I'll be out in a second," Sayori replied.

"Want me to help?" I asked.

"I'm a big girl, I'll do it myself," Sayori giggled.

"Okay, I believe in you."

I go outside.

"Sayori's coming out soon," I tell Natsuki. She nods.

"Well, she better! I'm tired of waiting."

"Be patient with her. It takes Sayori a while," I inform her, knowing that she has depression. Natsuki just rolls her eyes.

"Yeah, yeah. Alright. Sorry," Natsuki hissed. Eventually Sayori comes down, with a smile on her face.

"Are you guys ready?" She asks us.

"Yep. Ready a while ago," Natsuki chuckled.

"Sorry for being late! My alarm didn't go off..." Sayori lied. But Natsuki fell for it.

"You gotta get a better alarm," Natsuki sighed.

"I knooow...but it's too much money!"

"I can help you buy one. I have enough."

"You can? Thank you! Are you sure, though? I don't wanna waste your money--

"I'm positive!"

"Okay, then!"

We started walking, while Sayori and Natsuki were still talking about alarm clocks. It made me laugh. We soon parted ways once we got to the school...for some odd reason, I was nervous about going to the literature club. I'm unsure why.

Once it was literature club time, everybody seemed to do their respective things. Yuri is reading, Natsuki is searching for her next Manga, Sayori is drawing, and Monika is monitoring what everybody is doing with occasional writings in her journal. I always wondered what she was writing in her journal, but I decided not to ask.

I sat on one of the desks and decided to jot down some of my thoughts. I do that whenever I feel like something bad is going to happen...but I'm not sure why. I guess I'm just paranoid. While I was writing, Yuri walked up to me.

"Hey...wanna continue our novel?" Yuri asks me. I close my journal and nod.

"Sure. Let me bring it out real quick," I tell her. I grab the book from my backpack and sit next to Yuri on the ground, our backs against the wall. Yuri already made us tea ahead of time, so we started reading. A couple minutes pass of silence, and then Monika gets our attention.

"Attention everyone?" Monika calls out. We all look at her. "I have a literature club activity for once that we can do this week. Kinda like a homework assignment per se, but it's to help the club get a designed schedule of events."

"What is it?" Sayori asks. "Usually you tell me this kind of stuff before hand."

"I know, but I just thought about it," Monika chuckles. "But what I was thinking is that each of us makes a short story every night. You can type it out and print it, write it, whatever it is! I just want to see your writing styles and how you write stories. Is that okay with everyone?"

"Ooh yeah!" Sayori exclaimed.

"Sure, writing isn't that bad..." Natsuki muttered. Yuri timidly nods while I smile.

"I think it's a brilliant idea," I tell her.

"You do?" Monika gasped, slight blush spreading across her face.

"Of course!"

Monika smiles, "I'm glad!"

I smile back at her, and nod in reassurance. I couldn't wait for them to see my writing skills...and maybe, they might be impressed with it? Well, only time will tell.