Chapter Six: Healthy Friendship

I woke up the next morning and looked over at the sleeping bag next to me. Sayori was resting soundly. I muted my alarm, since I woke up early. Sayori looked peaceful in her sleep, so I tried not to disturb her in any way, shape, or form. I got out of my bed carefully, so as to not make a noise.

I went to the bathroom to comb my hair back and to put on the school uniform for the morning, since that wouldn't cause a distraction. Once it hit 6:00 AM, I knew I had to wake Sayori up so she wouldn't be late to school either.

"Hey...Sayori? Wake up," I muttered. I shook her gently, and eventually she woke up.

"Argh-!" Sayori gasped. "I must've slept on the wrong side of the bed or something...my head is pounding..."

"I have some pain medication, if you want to take two of those," I offered.

"S-Sure..." Sayori groaned. I walked over to the bathroom, and grabbed out the basket of medications. I grabbed some headache medication and gave her two pills. She swallowed them with a glass of water, and looked at me like a puppy would.

"I never thought I'd say this, but...I trust you," Sayori sighed. "I thought about it for a moment last night...and you're the only person I can trust wholeheartedly. Please...please promise me you'll be with me until the day I die. Okay? You're the only person I trust now!!"

Sayori seemed extremely desperate, like she needed my trust completely.

"Okay, Sayori. The least I can do is be with you," I told her.

"Thank you...so much...you don't know how much this means to me..."

Sayori lost her train of thought, so she hugged me. I hugged back tightly, and she didn't want to let go...so I kept hold of the position for a while. Soon she let go, so I did the same.

"Shall we go to school now?" I asked her. Sayori wordlessly nodded. Luckily Sayori brought her school supplies with her, so she didn't need to go back to her house. We both grabbed our stuff and headed outside towards the school.

"Y/N...why are you so nice to me...? I'm not a person that deserves love...right?"

"Sayori, of course you deserve love. Everybody does. I care about you a lot, and I only want what's best for you. You said you trusted me, right?"

"Of course...with all of my heart and soul..."

I nodded and we stayed quiet for the rest of the time. Soon we both parted ways for our first period.

It was eventually time for the Literature Club. I arrived just in time, and Monika smiled sweetly at me.

"Hey, wanna hang out with me today?" Monika asked me with a sweet expression on her face. Before I said anything, Yuri walked up to me.

"Hey, Y/N...wanna read our book today?" Yuri questioned. Monika sighed in frustration. Monika simply walked away, I didn't know why though...maybe I should check on her soon.

"Sure! Luckily I brought my copy today, so could we read that?"

"Of course!"

Yuri and I sat next to each other and started reading. It was peaceful for a while, until Monika called a club meeting.

"Remember what we talked about at the end of our club yesterday? It was to think about how we could contribute to the club festival! Does anybody have any ideas?" Monika asked us.

"Well, I was thinking I could make cupcakes!" Natsuki exclaimed.

"Great! What about you, Yuri? You seem like you want to speak, so go ahead," Monika let Yuri speak.

"...Can I work on the atmosphere?" Yuri asked. "You know...the lighting, the smell, you know...how people see the room."

"Perfect! What about you, Sayori?"

"Ooh...can I work on posters, so people would want to check out our club in the first place??" Sayori questioned. Monika nodded and smiled.

"What about you, Y/N?" Monika asked me. I froze...I completely forgot about the "homework" assignment we had to do last night because of Sayori's...episode. "Looks like you weren't thinking about it yesterday?"

"Ah...I was busy..." I muttered and glanced at Sayori. Her face looked downcast, knowing it was her fault.

"That's fine! How about you help one of us? I'll be working on the poems each of us will read out loud," Monika explained.

"Wait...Monika...? You never said we had to read poems out loud..." Yuri gasped.

"Oh, sorry! Would that be alright?" Monika asked.

"Fine," Natsuki grumbled. "But it better not be a bad experience!!"

"It won't! Now...back to Y/N's job...who would you like to help? It could always be me, you know..."

"Monika!! Don't persuade him!" Natsuki huffed.

"Fine, fine. So, Y/N, who do you decide to help?"

I stayed silent for a long while...I didn't know who to help, so I got a brilliant idea.

"Do I have to help one person? Or..." My voice trailed off. Everybody looked intrigued by what I was going to say. "Could I help everybody...? Like for a couple hours I'd help...let's just say...Sayori. Then the next couple hours I help Yuri, and so on?"

Everybody stayed silent for a moment, but then Monika finally spoke.

"That sounds...amazing! I can't wait for your help, Y/N!"

I nod.

"Tomorrow's Saturday after all, and I have no plans," I chuckled.

"Wouldn't you be too overwhelmed?" Yuri asked me, sounding concerned.

"No, no! I'd be fine," I reassured her. "I promise."

Everybody was satisfied with my answer, but they were curious about one thing...

"Who would you visit first?" Monika asked me.

"Hm...how about...I start out with Sayori, then Natsuki, then Yuri, and lastly you: Monika?" I answered. Everybody nodded.

"Wait, we need some way to contact you, right?" Natsuki asked.

"Oh yeah!" I chuckled. I gave everybody my number, just so I could contact them. Soon the club ended, and we all parted ways. One by one they all separately texted me. I texted them all back slowly but surely...I knew this weekend would be a wonderful day.