Chapter Ten: Glitched Out

Now last but not least, time to see Monika! I texted her where she wants to meet up, and yet again...she wants to meet in my room. I waited for Monika to arrive. I heard a knock at my door and opened it. Monika smiled genuinely at me.

"Nice to see you, Y/N!" Monika exclaimed.

"Yeah...nice to see you too."

"Is it alright if we go to your bedroom to work on these poems? It would be more efficient in my opinion."

"Sure! Yuri also was in my room, so my room should be clean."

"Aha! Even if it wasn't clean, I would love to help."

"Well...that would just be embarrassing."

"Wait, didn't you say you had a sister? Where is she?"

"Oh! Violet and my Mom are out doing chores today. Which is why I don't mind people coming over."

"Ah...makes sense! Ready?"

"Yep!"

Monika and I went up to my room. She closed the door behind us two and sat on the ground. I sat next to her as she took out five pieces of paper.

"You know...this is the first time I've actually got any time to hang out with you...isn't that odd? I'm the club president...I should've had more time to hang out with you...but I never have...so I'll be cherishing this moment for a while now..."

"Oh yeah...we never had time together, didn't we?"

"Yeah! Should I work on Sayori, Yuri, and my poem, while you work on Natsuki and your own poems. Is that alright?"

"Sure!"

We started working on the poems we'll read at the festival. I couldn't help but smile to myself...I've made everybody happy today...and that makes me happy. I don't want today to end, but after Monika...I'll have to wait until Monday, don't I? Which is in 2 days...I don't know why we won't do anything on Sunday...but maybe because we don't want to be rushed at the last second.

Once I finished writing Sayori, Yuri, and my poem, I aligned them to a pile.

"Finished?" Monika checked.

"Yep!" I handed the poems to Monika as she read them over.

"Perfect!"

Monika put the poems in her backpack. Monika smiled warmly at me and stood up. I stood up along with her.

"Hey Y/N...would you like to hang out tomorrow...? Since we never got time for each other, you know? And I want more time together...you know? S-So..."

Monika was struggling with trying to explain that she wants to hang out more.

"Of course!"

Monika looked happy...very happy.

"T-Thank you! Wait..."

Monika's face looked grim...

"This isn't the game, right? I usually have to watch the sidelines...this...is a book...I'm on chapter ten, right? Well...seems to be there's no files or anything...I can't delete anything...y-you...you're trying to save the girls, aren't you? Even me? Even if you know what happens in the game? Or can you not control it, since this is a book? Well, the script of the book won't remember that I said this, and the main character won't remember it either. So while the main character is completely limp, I just wanted to say...thank you for spending time with me! Usually I'm invisible...but this book is actually making sure all of us feel happy. Sayori doesn't have her noose, and Yuri lost her special knife...even though she has a whole knife collection...while Natsuki's Dad can get abusive, to the point he doesn't feed her. Do you know the pain we go through? You're the only person that makes me--us--happy. Save us, Y/N. Save us."

An error has occurred. Rebooting the system.........

"Well, I'll be going! So...see you tomorrow!" Monika exclaimed.

"Okay, well, see ya!" I chuckled.

Monika waved as she left the house. I stood there for a moment, before taking a deep breath. I did it. I've made them all happy, right? ...I should check up on Sayori, right?

I rushed over to Sayori's house...