Chapter Twenty Six: Monika's Day

"Huh. Not a bad idea," Natsuki chuckles.

"I-If it isn't too much of a bother, that is," Yuri sighs.

"It isn't a bother. Trust me, I want to see you guys having a good time."

"And that should be my thing, since I'm the president of the literature club," Monika jokes around. "But I appreciate that side about you, Y/N. One of the many reasons why I'm glad you're in this club."

"Yeah!" Sayori agrees.

I smile. "Aha alright. First will be Monika."

Monika's eyes light up in excitement as she nods rapidly.

"Yay!" She cheers. For some odd reason, she seems a little bit too excited for this opportunity, but I decided to not question her excitement. Maybe she just doesn't get this chance often.

Monika drags me to the corner of the club room that nobody was occupying.

"Finally...I haven't ever got to spend any time with you...I'm so glad to finally get this chance."

Monika was saying that like we don't already spend every day in the club with each other. I wonder what's going through her mind right now.

"There's plenty of stuff I want to talk to you about. But first, how has your day been so far? I would hate to bore you out or...seem selfish."

"My day? It's been alright. What about you?"

"It's been fantastic! Thank you for asking. Now, I do wonder if you have been enjoying your time in this club. I'm sorry if it isn't up to your standards, but me and the others really want to make you happy and what's best for you, okay? Please tell me if you have any issues, concerns, or any ideas for the club, please let me know!"

"Yeah, okay. I'll let you know."

Monika smiles sweetly at me, "Thank you! My words are serious though, okay? I hope you understand! Anyways, just to change topics, what do you plan on doing after the club meeting?"

"I'm probably just going to stay home and such."

"Ah alright! I've been practicing piano, and I'm wondering if you would like to hear a song I've been practicing eventually? The name of the song is called 'Your Reality', and I've been practicing the song carefully. At some point, would you like to hear the song? It's made specifically for you..." Monika muttered that last part, clearly embarrassed.

"Of course! I would love to check it out!" I tell her. Monika's eyes light up.

"R-Really?? I'm so glad!"

Once Monika said that, Sayori timidly walked over to where we were.

"H-Hey...is it alright if I grab Y/N for a moment...?"

Monika showed a hint of annoyance, but took a deep breath and smiled slightly.

"Sure."

Sayori nods, grabs my hand, and pulls me outside of the club room. I wonder what she wants to tell me...