Chapter Three: Impressions

I came back home and right away my younger sister ran to me once she saw me with Manga.

"So you did keep your promise?" My younger sister, Violet, asked me.

"Yep! Before I read them though, I got to do homework, okay?"

"Okay!!" Violet gave me one last hug before running back to her room. I went upstairs to my bedroom and lightly closed the door behind me. I put my backpack on the floor and started working on my poem I'm going to share at the Literature Club tomorrow. It took me a while to think of a poem, but I finally thought of one.

I put the poem I wrote in my backpack and then I finished the rest of my actual homework. Then I decided to read the Manga I bought today, since I was getting curious about what Manga really was...and I did enjoy it. Which was surprising, since I didn't think I'd enjoy it that much. But I did enjoy it!

Soon it was dinner time, so I went downstairs to eat dinner. After dinner, I went upstairs to get ready for bed...tomorrow was going to be a long day...

I woke up the next morning with a blaring alarm, like usual. I turned off my alarm and started getting ready for the day, knowing that the day will be long and tedious. After getting ready for the day, I grabbed my backpack and left for school. I had the box of Manga's I bought Natsuki in my backpack as well thankfully...just so I can give those to her the next time I see her.

I put my backpack in my locker and got to my next couple classes. Once it was lunch, Sayori sat down next to me again.

"Hii!!" Sayori giggled.

"Oh, hey!" I greeted her.

"Did you make a poem last night?" She asked me.

"Yep! Did you?"

"Uh huh! It's pretty bad...but it was fun to make!"

"I bet it'll be amazing!"

"Aw thanks! I bet yours will be amazing as well!"

"Heh...thank you."

Sayori and I continued talking to each other while eating, expressing our excitement with our next club meeting.

Once lunch was over, the rest of the classes were very boring. But soon it was club time. I grabbed the Manga box out of my backpack and headed to the club room.

"Welcome back!" Monika exclaimed. "Glad you didn't abandon us."

"Well, I always keep my word," I told her.

"And that's what I like about you, Y/N!"

Monika gave me a sweet smile, and I smiled back. I saw Natsuki going through the closet. I walked over to her to hand her the Manga box.

"Hey Nat? I brought you the Manga box I bought for you yesterday."

Natsuki turned around and she looked at me in awe.

"Thank you! I'm glad you remembered...I thought you were dumb enough to forget..." Natsuki chuckled.

"Well...you underestimated me then."

"No I didn't! Why are you making me say things I didn't say??"

"Heh...sorry..."

"It's fine. At least you bought me the Manga I've always wanted..."

"You seem to be getting annoyed...so I can leave if you want me to--"

"No, no! Please stay-- I mean! You don't have to...I...ugh! Never mind. You can leave if you want..."

"Are you sure? I'll gladly stay if you want me to, but I want to hang out with the others as well."

"Then leave! I don't need you anyways. Hmph!"

"Are you being defensive...?"

"Huh? Of course not!"

"Okay..."

After I had my talk with Natsuki, I went over to Yuri to see how she was doing. Once she saw me peering over, she looked uncomfortable and shifted in her seat a little.

"Oh...sorry if I made you uncomfortable..." I murmured.

"No, no! It's fine...ah...I wanted to talk to you for a moment as well."

"What is it?"

"Um...I got you something. It's not something huge, but it is a book that I think you'll enjoy."

Yuri reached over in her bag and brought out a book. It was black with an ominous eye symbol at the front.

"I hope you like it..."

"I do! I'll read it when I get home!"

"Actually...would you like to read it now? I've saved a spot next to me."

"Oh, sure!"

I sat down next to Yuri and opened it up to the Prologue.

As I was reading, I felt something peer over my shoulder. I glanced at Yuri's direction and I saw that she was reading from my book instead. Yuri's face flushed red once she realized I was glancing in her direction.

"S-Sorry if I made you uncomfortable. I was zoning out...I didn't realize. I swear!"

"It's fine. I didn't mind it. I just didn't expect it, you know?"

"Okay...but I do greatly apologize if I made you uncomfortable. I--"

"You apologize a lot, don't you?"

"Huh? I do?"

"Yeah...but it's a good thing! It helps us know that you care, you know?"

"Y-Yeah...thanks."

We continued reading the book, until Monika broke us out of our book world.

"It's time to share poems!!" Monika announced. I placed the book back into my backpack and grabbed my poem I worked on last night.

After sharing our poems, Monika concluded the Literature Club meeting.

"Y/N?" Sayori got my attention.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Are you having fun with the others?" She asked me, showcasing a sad smile.

"Yeah, why do you ask?"

"Oh, no reason at all! Don't worry about it, silly!" Sayori flashed me a forced smile and skipped out of the door. I did feel kinda concerned about Sayori, and I knew that I should probably hang out with her tomorrow...since I've been hanging out with Natsuki and Yuri, I should give Sayori some of my company as well, right?

I finished packing up my things, and I left the club room. I soon arrived at my house, and soon got ready for the next day of school.