Chapter Seventeen: Home Sweet Home

A couple days later, I heard a knock at my door. I opened the door, and Natsuki was there. Her right eye was bandaged up, and there were a few plasters on her neck and arms. She smiled slightly as I motioned for her to come in. She limped a tiny bit while walking, so her legs must've been damaged as well.

"H-Hey..." Natsuki muttered.

"Hi!" I exclaimed. "My Mom made a room for you, it was originally the guest room but...we rarely have guests over. So we turned it into your room for the time being. Follow me!"

Natsuki followed me while I showed her her new room. There was one Queen-sized bed, with pink bedsheets a pink comforter. There was a cat rug on the ground, and a cat painting hung up above the TV. The TV was a middle-sized flat screened TV, and the walls were painted as a pastel pink. The bed also had a cat plushie on it too.

Natsuki's mouth was agape in shock.

"It's amazing! You really didn't need to go this far to make me comfortable..." Natsuki gasped.

"Well, I wanted to make you feel as welcome as possible!"

A tear of happiness rolled down Natsuki's face as she hugged me.

"Thank you so much! You're the best friend I've ever had..." Natsuki yelped.

"It's no biggie. We also brought your Manga here as well," I mentioned, pointing to the wooden bookshelf at the far side of the room. Natsuki has stunned silent.

"You...you've overdone it, Y/N..." Natsuki told me.

"Well, I want to make you happy! And a bonus...your room is next to mine. So if you ever need anything, you can always come into my room, okay?"

Natsuki nodded and smiled. "Thank you. Is it appropriate to explore your house a little bit?"

"Of course! Treat it like it's your own house, alright? I'll be in my room if you need me at any moment. Bye!"

I waved to her as I went into my bedroom. I sat at my bedroom desk so I could think about poems to write. My room always sparked my creative energy, for some odd reason. And it was fun to write poems alone, and not surrounded by people judging you, you know?

While I was writing my poem, I heard a knock on my door.

"Come on in!" I yelled out. The door opened, and I saw Natsuki's head peaking out of the door.

"Hey...I may need your help to reach something..." Natsuki chuckled in embarrassment.

I nodded and left my room. I followed Natsuki to the kitchen.

"I tried to grab a packet of trail mix in that cupboard, but I can't reach it...um...can you reach it for me...?"

"Of course!"

I grabbed the trail mix for Natsuki and she smiled.

"Thank you. Um...Y/N?"

"What is it?"

"I-I...um...wanted to thank you. I know I've done it a lot, but...you've done more than anybody has ever done to me before. My ex-friends have always made fun of me for reading Manga, Yuri acts like she's more inferior than me, Sayori is too much of a people-pleaser that is scares me, Monika doesn't appreciate my likes, and my Dad completely abused me. You're the only one that has ever been nice to me...I greatly appreciate you."

"No problem Nat. Wanna watch a movie together in your bedroom?"

"Ooh yeah! Can it be an anime?"

"Sure."

We both went into her room to watch the anime that Natsuki chose, knowing that today will be a good day.