Chapter Five: Help She Needed

She continued crying, and stayed in a "ball" position while she was sobbing. I stayed near Sayori, keeping her close to me. I'm not letting her out of my watch, not until she's completely better. She didn't stop crying, but I'm staying by her side until I die.

"Sayori..." I muttered. "Everything will be alright...do you trust me?"

Sayori slowly looked up at me and slowly nodded. I nodded back and wrapped my arms around Sayori in a loving manner.

"Don't worry, Sayori...you won't be alone again...okay? Do you trust me to do what's right for you?" I asked her. Sayori looked at me for a second, but nodded. Tears were rolling down her face as I stayed close to her.

"Y/N...? Is this really okay?" Sayori asked, and I nodded.

"Of course..." I answered her. "I'll stay here as long as I need to."

"I'm not being a burden, am I?"

"Of course not. I want to be here. How about you come over to my house? My younger sister would love to play with you. Maybe that will get your mind off of everything?"

Sayori stayed silent for what felt like centuries, but she finally nodded.

"O-Okay..."

Sayori and I both stood up. Sayori was still shaking, but we eventually walked over to my house. I opened the door, and we both stepped in my house. My Mother was cooking dinner in the kitchen while my younger sister was playing in the living room.

"I'm home, and I brought a friend with me if that's alright!" I called out to my Mother. She walked over to us and beamed at Sayori.

"Of course that's alright!" My Mother exclaimed. I smiled at her and nodded.

"Come on, Sayori. Let's go see Violet, my younger sister, shall we?" I asked her. Sayori forced a smile and nodded.

"Hey Violet!" I yelled out and walked over to her. Violet dropped her crayons and went over to us.

"Wanna draw with me?" Violet questioned. Sayori forced a smile and nodded.

"S-Sure!" Sayori exclaimed.

We spent the rest of the afternoon coloring and drawing with Violet. Soon it was dinner time, and my Mother called out to us.

We all finished drawing and coloring.

"Hey, Sayori? Wanna stay for dinner, and maybe have a sleepover? It seems like you need company, after all."

"If you insist..." Sayori murmured, there were hesitance in her voice.

Sayori and I ate dinner at the dinner table with the rest of my family, and then we both went up to my room.

"Should we prepare for our sleepover? Or would you like to talk more?"

Sayori stayed silent and took a steady breath.

"Let's get ready..."

I nodded. I grabbed a sleeping bag, pillows, and a bunch of blankets from my closet. I placed them down in a bed-like style, which was where Sayori would sleep. Sayori sadly smiled, and looked at me with her common puppy-dog eyes.

"You know...I never got time to say thank you...I-I never thought...you care this much. Yet...why do I feel like something is piercing my chest slowly...?"

"Sayori..." I muttered. I walked over to her and hugged her. Sayori was frozen in her tracks, but eventually hugged back.

"Am I a burden?"

"No, Sayori. You're my friend, and since you need me, I'll stay with you until the day I die."

"Okay...thank you..."

"No problem, Sayori. Let's go to bed, shall we?"

Sayori nodded as we both got into bed.

"Good night, Sayori."

"Goodnight...Y/N..."