Chapter Twenty Eight: Yuri's Time

Once I walked into the club room, Monika eyed me suspiciously. She swiftly walked over to us.

"Sorry to intrude, but what were you guys discussing?" Monika wondered. My heart skipped a beat, knowing that it was too sentimental to mention to her without Sayori's consent.

"She just wanted to talk about what we're going to do after school together. Since we don't usually get time to hang out..." I lied.

"Yep!" Sayori exclaimed, going along with my lie. "And I'm choosing the place we're hanging out in~!"

Sayori squealed in happiness as she clutched her hands. Damn, she's extremely good at acting. It's kinda scary if you really think about it.

"Hmm...why discuss that away from the club room?"

Sayori twiddles her fingers and looks at the ground. "It's awkward with somebody listening..."

"Fine, fine. I still have time to--" Monika was interrupted by a slight tap on the shoulder.

"U-Um sorry to disturb...but Y/N and I still need to finish a chapter of our novel...if that's alright..."

Monika sighs in annoyance and glares at Yuri. She doesn't protest though.

"Fine," She huffs at walks away. Yuri grabs my hand and pulls me to the nearest desk. She takes a deep breath and glances in my direction.

"D-Did I upset her...?" Yuri wondered. "God, I hope not."

Yuri buries her head in her hands and sulks. I reassuringly touch Yuri on the shoulder.

"Hey, it's okay. I doubt you upset her that bad. Let's just start reading the novel, alright?"

Yuri lifts her head up shyly and looks at me. Blush spreads across her cheeks as she nods.

"A-Alright...that sounds good," Yuri chuckled. She props the book up in between us and turns to the chapter we left off on. Once we started reading, Yuri's timid demeanor was gone. What was left was Yuri's calm and relaxed facial expression that made my heart skip a beat. I tried paying attention to the chapter though, even if it was kinda hard.

While reading, I did catch Yuri glancing in my direction a bit. Our eyes locked eye contact and her cheeks flushed red. Yuri glances away from me quickly as we continue to read. It was hard to focus when it came to reading, but I tried to pay attention. We were on chapter three of the book, and I tried to gain my composure while reading...

Libitina watched from afar. Her sister's hand-in-hand as her own home was discontinued. It happened way too fast. One moment she was in high school, working on her book club, next she's watching her house being dismembered.

"Libitina?" Her sister called out. "You can move over to where I live. It isn't much, but it should be just enough to get by this year."

She stared at her blankly for a moment and shrugged. There was nothing she had in her mind that was worthwhile anymore.

"Sure," Libitina said blankly. She barely had any facial expressions. Didn't this bother her? Wasn't this...an awful situation? She didn't care. She simply glared at the rubble and followed her sister to the house she wanted Libitina to require with her, for who knows how long. Only one thing: She never knew she was being watched...

I turned the page and let it fly under Yuri's thumb. We've made it to chapter four, and Yuri gently closed the book.

"Knowing we're sharing your time, you can go over to Natsuki now. Thank you for reading with me, I really do appreciate it. I would hate to block any more of your time," Yuri chuckled silently. I stood up and smiled.

"Thank you for your time, Yuri. I'm really starting to like this book!" I exclaim. Yuri timidly smiles and a light blush spreads across her cheeks.

"G-Glad I could share my book with you..."

With that, I was off to see what Natsuki was up to...