Chapter Nineteen: What happened...?

I woke up and i was back in the Literature Club...at my desk like I was. My head felt heavy, and my vision was fading in and out. I had a pounding head ache, and I didn't know why. Wasn't I fine just a second ago...? Until my vision turned to black, but how? I felt fine-- Did I sleep by accident or something?

I looked around the Literature Club...nobody was there. I was all by myself. I stood up and tried to open the club door. The door was locked.

"What the hell...?" I muttered to myself.

"Trying to escape?" A voice boomed behind me. I turned around, and Monika was there, smiling sweetly at my split-second terror.

"You're still here? I thought I was alone..." I sighed. "Why are the doors locked?"

"You wouldn't understand, Y/N. You never will. How about you check on Sayori? She needs your assistance right now..." Monika chuckled. All of a sudden, I felt a STRONG urge to check on Sayori. The door was all of a sudden unlocked and I busted through the door.

It was like I couldn't control my mind or limbs, I just ran to Sayori's house, just like she told me to. I ran through Sayori's house and into her bedroom...my body stopped in terror as I saw what was in front of me....I thought I took the noose away...how did--?

I checked my backpack...the noose was gone. Sayori took it somehow and-- she ended her life right in front of my eyes. And I couldn't be there for her. Maybe there's still a pulse...? I don't want to believe reality right now. After I told her I was there for her until death.....and now she's gone.

I checked her pulse, to ease my mind. But it didn't ease my mind: There was no pulse. She was dead. Something tapped my shoulder, and I saw Monika there, smiling.

"You left her hanging, didn't you?"

I couldn't speak, no matter how hard I tried. It was like my lips were sealed shut. it was like Monika knew I couldn't talk, since she took my silence as an answer.

"You'll listen to me, won't you?" Monika whispered. Her green eyes were piercing into my soul, and I nodded without thinking much of it. "I've changed the script, Y/N. I'm getting the ending I deserve."