Chapter Fifteen: Abusive

It was the day after the festival, and I was at the mall picking out clothes for this week and picking out a birthday gift for Violet, my younger sister. While I was out and about, I witnessed Natsuki and her Father...

"Be quiet," Her dad snapped. Natsuki nodded and kept her lips sealed.

"U-Um..." Natsuki murmured.

"What is it now, little brat?!" Her dad yelled. Natsuki winced at his tone, but recollected herself.

"Could we get ice cream after this? The ice cream store is open, and--"

"Of course not. Who do you think I am? A servant?"

"O-Of course not!" Natsuki freaked out. "It's just very hot out...I could pay for it if you want me too! I've b-brought my purse and Debit Card..."

"No. You don't deserve it."

"Okay..." Natsuki sighed, and didn't protest. Which I find odd, since she always protests in the club room. All of a sudden, Natsuki's Dad slapped her.

"Don't ask anymore stupid questions," He hissed. Natsuki nodded, a tear rolling down her face. But before her Dad noticed her crying, she wiped the tear away from her eyes.

Natsuki and her Dad soon left my area and vision, all of my breath was stuck in my throat. Did I just witness abuse...? What the hell?

I shook off this crippling feeling in my chest as I continued looking for Violet's birthday gift. I took out my phone to text Natsuki...

Hey Nat...I just saw you and your Dad at the mall, where i am. r u ok? he seemed pissed off and I did witness some physical and mental abuse. r u alright?

Once I sent the text message, I waited for a reply. But a reply never came...even though it said she saw the text message, she never replied. Which concerned me.

I soon made it to my house. I started wrapping up Violet's birthday gift, then all of a sudden I got a call from Natsuki.

"Hello?" I answered it.

"Y/N...help me-e-e!!" The phone was glitching out, and then all of a sudden it hung up. A pit formed in my stomach. I leaped from my desk chair and ran out of the house. I knew where Natsuki lived, since Sayori told me before. I ran to Natsuki's house, I didn't even knock on the door, I just opened it in a hurry.

I heard a high pitched scream upstairs. It sounded like Natsuki. My fight or flight mode kicked in as I ran upstairs in a rush. I opened her bedroom door, and I witnessed something horrible. Natsuki's dad was beating the shit out of Natsuki. She has bruises all around her body, and some bloody scabs around her arms and legs. Her forehead was also bleeding a crap load, and it made me nauseous.

Once Natsuki's Dad heard the door open, you turned around. He was a fit man, with blood all over his fists. He has blonde scruffy hair, and pink eyes. His skin was pale, and he has a skinny figure.

"Who the fuck are you?!" Natsuki's Dad yelled.

"I'm Natsuki's friend...what are you doing to her?!"

"Oh, so YOU'RE the kid who texted my daughter about my behavior?"

"You know about that...?"

"Of course, jackass. I monitor my daughter's phone 24/7."

"She has a name, you know? It's Natsuki."

"So? I'm not going to use her stupid name. Get the fuck out of my house. NOW!!"

"No. What are you going to do about it?"

Natsuki's Dad grabbed the closest sharp object: A knife.

"R-Run!!" Natsuki whined. "Save yourself...he's a psycho!"

"Shut up, mutt!" Natsuki's Dad snapped. Natsuki winced.

"Get out, or die. Don't say I didn't warn you to leave."

I didn't leave, I just stood there, with my arms crossed. Natsuki's Dad took that as a "no", and sliced my arm.

"Ah!" I yelped. I held my arm in panic as he swung again. I dodged his swing. Natsuki fainted all of a sudden from blood loss. My angry side took a hold of me as I dodged his swing yet again, and stole the knife from Natsuki's Dad's hands.

"Let go of the knife," He ordered.

"No," I snapped. I picked up my phone to dial 911.

"911, what's your emergency?" The dispatcher asked me.

"Hi...my friend's Dad is beating up my friend and trying to kill me for checking up on her..." I muttered, my voice shaking in panic as Natsuki's Dad's eyes glared at me.

"Alright, we will bring people over. What's your friends name?"

"Natsuki."

"Is Natsuki's Dad in the room with you?"

"Yes...he's glaring at me menacingly. Hurry please...I don't know how long I can hold him off."

"Alright, we will be right there."

They hung up, and I tried to stop Natsuki's Dad from grabbing the knife from my hands. Soon the bedroom door swung wide open with police officers. The police officers took Natsuki's Dad away in hand cuffs. Once he was gone, I took a breather of fresh air, finally done fighting.

A police officer came up here, to see how bad the room was. The police officer walked over to Natsuki, and spoke into his radio.

"We need an ambulance," He spoke.

"Right on it," His speaker spoke. After a while, an ambulance came and took Natsuki away.

The police officer asked me a few questions on the situation, and I answered them as truthfully as I could. Soon the police drove away, and I was left with my thoughts. I was happy Natsuki was getting treatment, and that her dad was gone. One question though: Where will she live now...?