Chapter 1: Pain

Gregory's POV:

It been five years since Evan betrayed me. I sighed as sat down on the bed. I was in Evan's bedroom, and he might have left for work now. I been trying to hide my true form, but Evan did something to prevent me from using glamour. I was tired again, because of the nightmares. I looked at the time, it was 2:45 am. This is the time Evan come back from his experimentation, and then I heard the door opened. I held my dagger, tightly, and I knew it was Evan who entered the room.

Then I threw my dagger at Evan, and he dodged it. " You keep trying to kill me, are you, love? " He asked, as he came up to me. I looked the other way, " Who did you experimented on this time? You can't lie to me, I have lie detection powers, " I said, and yes I do have lie detection powers. " I only experimented on some mage, not your older sister or your friends, " he answered, and he wasn't lying. " I hate you what you did to me and my family and friends, " I said, as I tried to hold back the tears.

" You still love me, do you? " He asked, as he grabbed my chin to make me looked at him. I was silent, and I do love him, when he is not like this. I am the only person who keep him sane in this place. I sighed, " Yes, I do. I still hate what you did to me and my friends, my older siblings and my papa, " I said, as I stared into his red ruby eyes. He let go of my chin, " I know what I did, but I did for my reasons. You know that, " he said to me, and I looked at him again.

Then I saw a rat in the room, then I looked at Evan. " I know, don't you have to get ready for bed? " I asked, in tired tone. He nodded, then he went to the bathroom. I got off the bed, and I took the note off my nightstand, I wrote later. " Hey Ricky, here, give this to Claire for me, " I said, and Ricky the rat took the note from hand. He scurried into the hole in the wall. I hope they get the note.

I was tired as hell, and I went back to bed. I put the cover over me, I have work in the morning. Best to get some sleep. I closed my eyes, then I fell asleep.

Fable's POV:

Me and Claire were the only ones awake. We are waiting for Claire's rat to come back with a note. " Where is that rat of yours? " I asked, with mad tone. " He is not just a rat, he is Ricky rat. He is smart, he will back soon, Fable. Just be patient, " answered Claire, and then I heard scurrying. Then I saw a rat, and it went to Claire's cell. " Ricky, your back. What did Gregory say?" Claire asked to the rat. Then the rat- I mean Ricky give the note to Claire. 

Then she read it, and her expression changed. " What happened? " I asked, " It's not good, you know Evan did other experiment, right, today? " Claire asked, and I nodded. " Well, he is doing some big plan, but Gregory doesn't know what is it, " Claire explained to me. I sighed in frustration, " What are we going to do?"

A few hours later...

Gregory's POV:

 I woke up to the bright light, and I sat up. I saw Evan still asleep, and I went to the bathroom. I opened the door, and I closed it, then locked it. I turned my back, and then I turned my head. I looked at the pentagram, Evan carved five years ago. They were glowing, but not too bright. I been wearing backless shirt for five years already. Because what Evan said, to show the crystal. Everyone was terrified by Evan when the found out he was the leader of the Vamp-lusts.

When I found out was a few days after Evan implanted the crystal into my back and the base of my neck. My back and the base of my neck still hurt at that time. 

Well, I turned back around. I need to get ready for work.

After I got ready for work, and had my breakfast. I walked in the hallway, and I saw everyone stared at me, as usual. Because they know I am the only one who keep Evan sane beside Valentina. I sighed and then I entered the office. Evan wasn't here, yet, and I went to my desk as usual. I hope they are okay, I don't want them to feel the pain I am going through. I felt worse pain, but I don't want them to feel the same pain. I need to think of plan fast, to get them out there. Before Evan does his big plan.

Fable's POV:

My neck really hurt, they re-injected the some substance. They injected this metal substance into our bodies from us, using our powers and abilities. But the only power we can use is visions, which is good thing. But how does visions even will help us? I wasn't the most patient person when I am in my new life, this one. I was really patient when I was Violet, but I am now Fable. I have very little patient now. I hate Evan so much, and I pretended to be brat to Gregory. Because I need to stop him from getting close to Evan. But I've failed.

I sighed, only when Gregory was Ivory. She would remembered about A̸̧̡̭̘̫͚̻͖̜̤͆̄̍̀̀͆̾̾͠l̶̨̠̩͙̣͍͚͑́͌͛͘e̶̡̧̫̳̳̻̤͍̱͈͌̔̌̉x̸̡̦̼͇̻̋̓̅̍ͅa̵̗̗͌͐́n̷̠̗̦̘͕̾d̷̨̡͙̮̞͉̟̹͛̿͗̂́̇͛͜͠͠ę̵̪̦̯̩͑̆̐̌͘͝r̵̩͇̰̹̤͋́͒͐͑̊̏͑̄. But Ivory told me erase her memories about him. Only if I stopped her from making me erasing her memories of him. I sighed again, " You can't keep sighing so much, Fab, " said Eliza, who was drawing in her notebook. I found it amazing when Eliza draws, she is drawing her visions. " What are you drawing now? " I asked, with quiet tone. 

" Some person from Ivory's memories, I know this person was probably important to her, " Eliza explained to me, and I looked at drawing. It was A̸̧̡̭̘̫͚̻͖̜̤͆̄̍̀̀͆̾̾͠l̶̨̠̩͙̣͍͚͑́͌͛͘e̶̡̧̫̳̳̻̤͍̱͈͌̔̌̉x̸̡̦̼͇̻̋̓̅̍ͅa̵̗̗͌͐́n̷̠̗̦̘͕̾d̷̨̡͙̮̞͉̟̹͛̿͗̂́̇͛͜͠͠ę̵̪̦̯̩͑̆̐̌͘͝r̵̩͇̰̹̤͋́͒͐͑̊̏͑̄. " Impossible, how did you managed to draw him? " I asked, and she looked at me with shocked. " You know him, Violet? " Eliza asked, and I nodded. Eliza is the only person who calls me Violet, because I let her. " yes, that's A̸̧̡̭̘̫͚̻͖̜̤͆̄̍̀̀͆̾̾͠l̶̨̠̩͙̣͍͚͑́͌͛͘e̶̡̧̫̳̳̻̤͍̱͈͌̔̌̉x̸̡̦̼͇̻̋̓̅̍ͅa̵̗̗͌͐́n̷̠̗̦̘͕̾d̷̨̡͙̮̞͉̟̹͛̿͗̂́̇͛͜͠͠ę̵̪̦̯̩͑̆̐̌͘͝r̵̩͇̰̹̤͋́͒͐͑̊̏͑̄, " I said, but my voice glitched. That is not good, it's a thing for pure souls. When there bad memories or person in our life as pure soul. If we even erased that memories, our voices become glitches when we mentions them. But this is Ivory's memories were talking about.

She told me to erased, and I forgot to mention if the person who erased the other person memories. They get glitches voice as well, if they mention the name. " Didi your voice just glitched? " Claire and Alex asked in the same time. " Yes, It did. It's a thing for pure soul, only Eliza knows about my glitches voice, " I answered, with shame. I looked at the bars, and I hope Gregory is okay. He is our best chance of getting us out of here.