Chapter 19: Star-gazing

At night....

Fable's POV:

I was in the secret room, we made earlier. Everyone is asleep especially that Ricky rat, but I can't sleep. I went to the balcony, and I looked at the sky. It was filled with stars, I remember in my past life. When me, Ivory and Val will looked at the stars. We would star-gazing for hours, and I love those days. But they are gone, and this is my new life. I hope Gregory is okay, and I continued looking at the stars.

" You can't sleep, either, " Eliza's voice said, as I jumped at her voice and I turned around. I saw Eliza, " Oh hey Eliza, yes I can't sleep as well, " I answered, with fake smile. " I know you are fake smiling, " Eliza pointed out, and I stopped smiling, then looked at stars, again. I love the stars, but I am worry about Gregory. " Go on, say what you need to say, Eliza, " I said in blank tone. I heard her sighing, " Look I am sorry, you were right, Fab. I am coward, I didn't think that through, please forgive me, " she explained to me.

She did comfort me when I had a breakdown earlier. " I am usually the type who doesn't to forgive people so fast, but I forgive you, " I said, as I turned back to face her. I started to blushed, I always like Eliza since I started working with her. I love her, but I been hiding my crush for her, for years since we started working together. I told her older brothers, they said confess to her. But I was too shy to.

" Thank, so what are you doing? " Eliza asked to me, as she leaned on the rail. " Oh I am star-gazing, I love star-gazing since I was Violet. I always love it, because I always did it with Ivory and Val. So, yeah I am star-gazing, " I answered to her question. We looked at the stars, and she sat beside me. We looked at the stars some more, and I was thinking, should I confess to her now or later? But screw it, I am going to confess to her, now or never. I turned to looked at her, as well as her. " I have something to tell you, " we both said at the same time. '" Oh you can go first, " I said to her.

" Okay, well, I been hiding this for long time. Since we started working we each other, I love you," Eliza said, and I was in pure shocked. She..... likes me back. " It's okay, if you- mphn" I grabbed her shoulders and I kissed her on the lips. She kissed back, and I really enjoyed it. Then we pulled away, and I blushing really hard. I covered my face with my hands, " So, you like me, huh!?!? I thought you were straight, Violet, " Eliza teased me, as she laughed. I un-covered my face. 

" I am actually a demi-girl and bi, " I said as I continued blushing. " How about we keep star-gazing until we fall asleep? " Eliza suggested, " I like that idea, Za, " I answered with a real smile. I put on my head on Eliza's shoulder. And we continued star-gazing.

Gregory's POV: 

Evan wasn't back yet, and I was star-gazing. I remember star-gazing with Violet and Val, it was pretty fun. But I was looking through the shield, the balcony now has a shield over it. But it's a clear shield, I want to be free. I can't fall asleep, and I started to hum myself a song. A song that I like when I was child.

~Days seem sometimes as if they'll never end~
~Sun digs its heels to taunt you~
~But after sunlit days, one thing stays the same~
~Rises the moon~~Days fade into a watercolour blur~
~Memories swim and haunt you~
~But look into the lake, shimmering like smoke~
~Rises the moon~~Oh-oh, close your weary eyes~
~I promise you that soon the autumn comes~
~To darken fading summer skies~
~Breathe, breathe, breathe~~Days pull you down just like a sinking ship~
~Floating is getting harder~
~But tread the water, child, and know that meanwhile~
~Rises the moon~~Days pull you up just like a daffodil~
~Uprooted from its garden~
~They'll tell you what you owe, but know even so~
~Rises the moon~~You'll be visited by sleep~
~I promise you that soon the autumn comes~
~To steal away each dream you keep~
~Breathe, breathe, breathe~

As I finished, I heard clapping. I turned around and I saw Evan, " Oh it's just you, Ev, " I said in blank tone, and he came up to me. " You can't sleep, " he asked, and I nodded. He sat down beside me, and we looked at the sky. " So, what are you doing? " He asked to me, and I didn't looked at him. " I am star-gazing, I was Ivory. I used to go star-gazing with Violet and Val, it was pretty fun. We spend hours under the night sky watching the stars, " I answered, " Oh, that's nice, " he said, and I knew he was dead at the time when we did it.

I sighed, as we looked at the stars. " Star-gazing calms me down, " I said out of the blue, Evan looked at me. " Why is that? " He asked, and I sighed. " To get the stress off my back, during the war, I used to star-gazing in secret. Then when I killed you, when you were Alexander, and Violet erased my memories of you. She never erased my memories about star-gazing, so one day when she, me and Val were so, I led them to my star-gazing spot. From that day forward, we came back to the same spot, " I answered and explained about how I love star-gazing.

" Where is this spot? " Evan asked, and I put my head on his shoulder. He pulled me closer to him, " Where the ruin stone gazebo is, " I answered. " Really, that where it is? But in our past life, there was never a stone gazebo, " Evan pointed out, and I started to giggled a bit. " Well, because it's made after you were killed. The stone gazebo was made for us to looked at the stars, silly. But then everything else happened, " I finished explained, with somber tone. I sighed, and it was really cold outside. I hugged my arms, and Evan noticed this. He took off his jacket, and he put it over me. " How about you? " I asked with concerned. He laughed a bit, " I am half-vampire, so I don't get cold, " Evan answered, and I just hum in responds.

I yawned, and Evan lay down, then I had my head lay on his chest. " Get some sleep, we have a lot to do tomorrow, " he said, and I closed my eyes. Then I fell asleep under starry night.