12

LIAM (Monday - 11 am.)

It took a 30 minutes cab drive from where I lived into the very huge city.

I wasn't surprised by the long drive because where I'm right now is on the other side of the city.

The richer side of the city. Taller buildings, and luxurious shops in every corner that I couldn't help but stare out the cab window. 

The city that i live in is also a wealthy city but it's more closed off, like a secret wealthy society while this next door city shows off their wealth to the people. 

Basically asking to get robbed.

The cab stopped beside a huge café as I paid for the ride and stepped outside. 

Many people were strolling past me on the streets. Everyone was busy, heading their way to god knows where. It wasn't that surprising, it was monday, and lunch time which meant a very busy time for the city people.

I went inside the cafe as I started to look around at all the delicacies the cafe had to offer. 

Have I ever been to a place that sells one croissant for 35 dollars? What is that croissant made for them to sell at such a high amount? 

Checking the prices made my wallet cry as well as my heart.

I can keep praying that the coffee menu is cheaper or else I will drink the water from the toilet.

While i kept checking out the menu, i caught something in the corner of my eye. 

The guy who worked there seemed surprised while staring at my direction, like he had seen a ghost. I didn't care about it. I was used to people looking at me that way. 

Plus nothing else could scare me anymore after what i had been through, and those words that left Damien's lips about him shooting my brother.

The guy who couldn't stop staring at me in shock, came towards me. He told me it's on the house and that i could choose whatever i want for free. 

My face just went pale because i could guess by now that this was Damien's doing. He already knew that i was in the city, one hour earlier than expected. 

Since i didn't want to end up like the dead hitman, who got shot in his head if i came a second late. 

So I just thanked the poor guy that seemed to tremble in terror by now as I ordered a hot chocolate with two croissants on the side. 

Might as well take three.

I headed towards a corner to sit down, as I took a sip of my drink and ate the croissants. I understood why they were so expensive now, they tasted heavenly. But even the hot chocolate and croissants couldn't help me forget the words that had left Damien's lips.

My older brother was fine in the end. 

The surgery went well, and he's awake now but he's still in the hospital for safety reasons. That's what I heard from my older sister.

Well sadly, I didn't get the chance to suffocate him with a pillow.

I'm also early to Damien's meeting because i'm terrified to come a second late. 

Who knows what he would do if I did that. I have already hit his nose, making it bleed but also poured wine over him.

So instead i came here early but even if i did that, i was still a nervous wreck. I tried to distract myself with the huge city buildings while i was in the cab but nothing worked for me.