31

This chapter is going to be from Damien's Pov before the wedding. Hope you enjoy it!

----------------

DAMIEN

"Where do you get such an impulsive idea? Not even my mind could come up with something like that?" Ronan Sawyer, my trusted business partner said, sitting in the guest seat inside my office while I sat in front of him.

He had come in the morning like i asked him to but not to be questioned on my sudden wedding that's about to occur in exactly a week's time.

"Michel bring in the alcohol!" Ronan shouted at Michel who was guarding outside the office door. 

Michel walked immediately inside looking for my approval of bringing in alcohol. 

Giving him a small nod, made him bring in all sorts of alcohol on a tray with a bowl of ice. Once he placed them he went back to his place.

"So tell me? How did you come up with this? How have you already planned a wedding with more than 200 guests in a week's time?" Ronan asked me while pouring himself a shot of vodka then chugging it down in one go. 

If he had a low tolerance for alcohol. I wouldn't allow him to be near a drink but he's my drinking companion for a reason.

"Wait, don't tell me you already planned this wedding long before? You called me yesterday and said 'I'm going to get married.' He mimicked my voice then continued,

"I almost got a heart attack from that!" Ronan poured me some scotch then he poured himself some whiskey.

"You talk too much." I told him,"And you're here for another reason, don't forget that."

Ronan sighed knowing that i asked him to come for another reason but his curiosity gets the best of him sometimes.

"How is Raphael's condition?" 

He drank the whiskey in one go at my question.

"He's doing okay. Nothing changed. Still in a coma but at least he's stable." Ronan answered my question,

"But you know getting him out of there was brutal. I needed to retrieve the body parts he was missing at the same time, killing everyone there." I stared at his darkened expression.

Both of us have tortured people far worse than anyone could imagine but why is he sitting there with such a dark expression on his face? It's not like I would know, would i?

Me and Ronan Sawyer met seven years ago because we both liked power, both in the upper world and underworld. 

After we met for the first time Ronan formed some kind of respect for me because of the power i held and how far i was willing to go for keeping that power. 

Even after all these years he's still one of my most trusted people but trust for me means another word for partnership because in this line of work you can't easily trust people. 

"That's good. At least he's safe and stable." I said in a low voice. 

I had sent someone to help Raphael out of that place, and that person was Ronan. He went alone at first to observe the scene at hand, then i sent out my team to help him.

"Damien, you must have been aware of the cult thing your mother was in? A cult where violence is accepted, no matter what degree." His voice was filled with hatred as he recalled the memories of saving Raphael.