36

LIAM (Two weeks later.)

You know when you're feeling so happy, that everything around one feels too good to be true. 

To the point you're questioning if you're actually happy, or wondering when that feeling will end and reality will once again hit you. 

Yeah, this is what I'm feeling at the moment.

Two weeks had passed since the wedding, the play and when I also found out about my friend being alive which had been a huge relief on my behalf. 

That's why me, and my friends came to visit him everyday for the past weeks.

Me, and Damien were going to go on our honeymoon soon. It wasn't delayed because Damien had known that I would need time accepting the fact about my friend. 

But the date and place had already been decided. I decided the place while Damien decided the date we were going to leave and return.

My best friend, Raphael is alive but he's in a coma and none knows when he's going to wake up. Has been ever since Damien rescued him from his late-mothers disgusting organization.

The doctor had said that the fact Raphael survived in the condition he was in. it was as a miracle itself. 

But even the doctor didn't know when he would wake up, only that Raphael's physical body needed a lot of healing and rest due to the multiple surgeries they had performed on him because of the wounds all over his body.

And for a few moments I again wondered horrible thoughts. 

Wouldn't Rapheal be better if he had died? Isn't it selfish of me to want to keep my friend alive even though I never once considered until now how he would feel after waking up? 

The trauma he would feel afterwards.

Raphael had been like a family member to me. Who I had gone very attached to during my years in my abusive household but also after. 

Was this attachment keeping me from letting Raphael be free from his misery state he was currently in?

But I cannot read minds, and I truly don't know what Raphael actually wants. 

Due to the guilt eating me up inside. I never once thought of what Raphael would think because during the time I wanted him alive, I was trying to run away and search for my own safety. 

My only wish was that he was alive, no matter what.

I sat in the living room at the mansion Damien had built for me. The place where both of us were currently living. 

I was seated on the couch, staring at the fireplace as I had been lost in my overthinking thoughts that I didn't even feel the hand that touched my shoulder.

"Liam." I turned my head to the side because of Damien's calm voice. He had sat down beside me, and placed one of his hands on my shoulder in a comforting manner.

"Yes?" Was all I said to him. I didn't even know how I should respond because of all the stained thoughts in my mind.

"Do you want me to get you something? Water? Tea?-"

"How would Raphael feel after waking up? Can you imagine how he would feel emotionally? The trauma he suffered from that place? I myself had gone through shit so i should know how it feels, and now i'm making my friend feel the same things i felt. What kind of friend am i?" I had interrupted Damien.