24

LIAM

If someone told me that I was a cat with nine lives, i would believe them in a heartbeat.

After accidentally shooting myself in the shoulder, i survived but a huge part of me wished I didn't.

I wish I hadn't opened my eyes, and met the sunlight after the surgery.

I wish someone would let me get away from this mess. 

Be in peace where none can hurt me. But that would be running away from my problems and issues which I needed to deal with.

It would have been irresponsible of me. I signed the contract with Damien because it was thrilling, and playing a little dangerous game with him shouldn't have been that dangerous.

Who was I to fool myself? It was Damien I was thinking of. A ruthless man. 

I hoped that the rumours I had heard about him weren't true. 

You know what they say,'Don't judge a book by its cover.' And we all know how the media, and people get when it comes to gossip and making stuff up.

I mentally laughed at myself. 

Damien really had consumed my being. My mind was always filled with thoughts of him. None else but him, and I felt pathetic about it.

Has someone built a dream house for you? Murdered anyone for you? Gave you billions of dollars, so that you could spoil yourself in riches? Nothing you do is wrong in their eyes, and you don't feel like a failure for once?

That was how Damien consumed me, and I loved every part of it. 

Let's not forget about the church explosion. Meeting someone like him is impossible but I did, and it turned my life upside down.

Why am I trying to justify his actions so much? Is there a part of me hoping to be with him but not with the cruel side of him. 

The side that kills anyone merciless, manipulates by suffocating people mentally, or literally breaking someone's nose and ripping it apart.

I shuddered at the image of that. That method of punishment was gruesome.

Another reason I signed the contract was to save my friends from damiens hands. But instead he still ended up harming them, so what was the point of it?

Five days. 

FIVE WHOLE DAYS had passed since I shot myself, and no signs of anyone.

Damien had put me in some kind of psych ward. 

It was like I was in a fancier version of a prison cell. Cameras, guards and whenever I was acting up they induced sleeping pills into me.

That was why I wasn't screaming, or fighting. They would come in and put me to sleep if i did that, so i needed to behave to stay awake. 

This was next level mental suffocation, and it worked.

I was going crazy while my mind wandered between thoughts of my friends, or damien

The worrying about Raphael didn't stop. At first i thought jade would be with him but that's least likely because she's blood related to vlado, and jade's father was someone important so harming her would be bad for vlado but not for damien.

Noah. Was he still alive? Vlado had aimed a gun at him, and was about to kill him. What about his bleeding foot? Did they take care of it or let it bleed?