17

LIAM

All this time it felt like I was walking a straight line. Just walking, walking and walking. 

Thinking that i would work at the restaurant for a few more years, save up money, travel and then maybe settle down in a nice neighborhood either with a partner or dog that i could walk everyday.

Living a so-called "normal" life, that was all I thought life had in store for me until Damien Valentino stepped into my life. 

Stepping, isn't the right word. 

He stormed into my life and changed it into ways I would have not imagined in a million years.

Damien Valentino. A man in my life that would do anything for me. A man that wanted me to be his and nobody else's. 

He was an extraordinary man who could do anything he wanted, and had the power to do anything he wanted. 

This man was currently standing by my side, holding me softly by the waist while greeting people which I did the same. 

Greeting people at a funeral.

We were attending a funeral that was hosted by Damien himself. 

He was greeting the guests with a huge smile on his face. A smile that didn't suit a funeral that people were mourning. 

Damien seemed happy, like he had won a trophy and he did win one.

The ones we were burying today were a brother and a sister. That was all Damien had told me. 

He said to me to enjoy the show of a lifetime which I didn't understand what he meant by it, yet.

Few of the people who were attending seemed sorrowful. 

It was a funeral of course they were going to be saddened by it but to my surprise most of the people seemed happy like they were celebrating together with damien.

I understood it all when I stepped foot into the main funeral hall. 

The pictures of two people, one of them I didn't recognize, and the other one was still glued in my mind.

The woman who was waiting for Damien in the kitchen. 

I felt how he started to observe me. Searching for any reactions that came out of me. But I masked my anxiousness and put a smile on.

He still hadn't explained what had occurred those days I was passed out at the penthouse. 

Damien promised he would explain it all to me after the show had ended.

Once again referencing the word show. 

Why would I want to be at damiens ex's funeral? And apparently her brothers too. 

 I would have ran away from him which would have been impossible because he would have just found me.

Maybe i should try to bury myself in one of the graves outside the church? 

But I didn't run just yet. The reason was because of Damien's cheerful reaction and the so-called show that I couldn't miss according to him.

I felt many eyes watching me while both of us were walking to our seats. I didn't know if it was looks of judgement, curiosity or envy. 

I only knew that everyone at the funeral came from powerful backgrounds but not as powerful as damiens. That was why many people respected him or feared him for their lives.