47

Thrid person's pov.

Damien stared at his glass of another alcoholic drink he was holding in his hand. 

Days or rather weeks had gone by without seeing Liam and he was utterly devastated. 

The man thought he had hit rock bottom during his childhood but nothing could compare to the fear and pain he felt now.

The man even went to see a doctor because he thought he was dying in the middle of the many empty nights, he spent alone. 

As Damien knew his husband never loved him, and reality hit him of how obsessively he acted towards Liam. 

The man didn't know how to express his love without being obsessive, because if he wasn't obsessive, Damien didn't think he could love a person another way. 

He even thought Liam would eventually love him back in the end but his husband did not.

Everything he had built up felt useless to him without Liam by his side. 

Power, wealth, connections, everything felt empty like they had no purpose at all in his life. 

His world was already dark but Liam was the one who casted the light on his days. Now his husband was no longer near his side. 

The light was no longer near his side.

He tried drowning himself in work, but nothing ever worked to recover the pain he felt. 

In other words he felt lost and alone, a feeling he thought was buried along with his childhood.

Damien was now seated in his black leather armchair, in a dark room while the only light was the dim ceiling light as the alcohol burned his lungs with each sip he drank. 

Each sip, as each thought, about his husband passed by his mind.

He drank and drank but nothing helped ease the hurt in his heart. 

This won't do anymore, Damien thought as he pulled out a cigar instead and lightened the end. 

He drew in a deep smoke as he let out one.

"What do you do if your husband tells another person he loves them." Damien asked the people who were with him in the room. 

It was 11 pm, and he was in a meeting for his illegal side of business. 

They were his therapists for the hour to come.

The business people in the room were seated at a long black table with their own leather seats as Damien sat at the end of the table on his own leather armchair. 

Facing all the people who worked for him.

There was only pure dead silence, consumed with the tension inside the huge room as none dared to utter a word.

One wrong word, and Damien would make sure it was someone's last day on earth along with their family.

"Nobody?" Damien stared at each one of the people in the eye as he became irritated by the second. 

Even if he didn't blame the people for not answering him due to the fear they held for him.

"If someone gives me a good answer. I will give 10 million to that person." All the people immediately became stunned by Damien's offer as everyone began to give him advice on the matter. 

But no answer was good enough, for them all were similar to one another.

Kill the person Liam confessed to.