15

DAMIEN

I just wiped the blood off with a wet cloth and then changed into some new clothes, throwing my bloody clothes into a fireplace letting them burn. 

I didn't have time to take a shower, less doing this but I needed to think carefully.

The tracker on Liam's bracelet showed him being in a deep alley in the city until he ran deeper into the alley, probably heading towards the other city through the dark forest.

I called him over and over again but he didn't answer his phone. The only thing on my mind was bloodshed for whoever tried to hurt Liam because what else would he be doing in an alley.

Michel and I were heading towards the alley. I thought about tracking Liam first but I had placed a bodyguard near him. That would track him down and alert me where he was.

There were a group of young people near the alley entrance. They reeked off alcohol and stumbled on their feet.

As I was walking past them, one of them stepped forwards trying to intimidate me. 

Tsk, I don't have time to deal with this, I smashed his head into the wall, not hard enough to kill him but enough to make him pass out. The others gasped around us, I didn't give them one glance and walked past them. 

I could see that they picked him up and ran out of there, not daring to call the police.

As we were walking closer, we could shape out a body on the ground. For a second my heart dropped to the ground thinking it was liam. I ran towards the body, and looked at his face.

Not liam

As long as it wasn't Liam's body, it was okay. I let out a sigh of relief knowing that he was alive. He was alive according to the tracker but I had to be open to every possibility.

I checked the body's pulse and breathing. He was dead. Had been dead for awhile. I checked around his body and saw huge wounds on his head. 

The wound that killed him.

Michel walked closer to me,"By the looks of it. He was hit repeatedly with a metal object." 

It was obvious by the wound, and blood that was washed away by the rain. There were also little bits of metal on his wounds. 

At least this isn't liam.

I observed it better with a small flashlight in my hand. The cause of the death was being beaten to death by an object because he didn't seem to have any other wounds on the body. Only the head. 

Michel walked around looking around if we could find something else but he told me there was nothing yet.

Right at that moment I got a call from one of my men,"Boss, we have checked the security cameras, and it looks like liam was in a bar for a couple of hours until he headed out of the bar to the alley. There are no security cameras in the alley so it's hard to tell what took place there." 

Michel came over to listen in on the important conversation.

"But that's not everything, boss. There was a man following behind him in the alley and at the bar he seemed to be forceful with Liam, that seems to be the reason why Liam left." I gritted my teeth, and hung up on him. 

I took the lifeless bodys head and slammed the head on the ground. 

That was an easy death for you.