EP 505- Song Cry - Act III

ACT THREE

*****Inspiration track: "It Kills Me" by Melanie Fiona - Spencer and Liv

INT. BEACH HOUSE - LIVING ROOM - KITCHEN - AFTERNOON

Olivia slams cabinets and drawers as she cleans the kitchen. Spencer mid-lunch eyes her with caution. Tread lightly, bruh.

SPENCER

Liv, listen... I'm sorry about last night. I don't remember much. Bits and pieces really. But I have a feeling I wasn't my best self.

OLIVIA

Huge understatement.

SPENCER

I really am sorry... Thank you for taking care of me. You could've just put me in an Uber. So, thanks.

Olivia nods, takes a beat. She chooses her words carefully.

OLIVIA

Spencer, I know our breakup has been hard on you... And I hate to see you hurting. But I'm sorry. 

(a beat)

Join the fucking club. It's been hard on me too. You really hurt me.

SPENCER

Liv, I know I--

OLIVIA

Let me finish...I was devastated when you chose to end things. 

Olivia tears up, she places her hands on the bar to steady herself. Spencer reduces the distance between them.

OLIVIA

Do you know how hard it's been watching you move on without me? Missing you like crazy all while you're doing only God knows what on some smash fest or whatever.

SPENCER

Liv, there was no smash fest. Come on, you know me. I didn't even put that post up. That was all JJ.

OLIVIA

(voice shakes)

But you didn't take it down. You knew I'd see it... That it would hurt me but you left it up anyway.

Spencer grabs Olivia's hand and wipes her tears.

SPENCER

Liv, I'm sorry. You're right...You're right. Please don't cry. I hate to see you--

Olivia pulls away.

OLIVIA

These past few months have been really hard. Not having you to lean on... But I gave you the space you wanted. That you needed.

A beat, as Olivia composes herself. Spencer tears up.

OLIVIA

I can't be the person that helps you get through this, Spencer... It's not fair to me. I can't. I'm sorry. 

Olivia starts to gather her things.

SPENCER

Liv, listen...

Spencer's phone vibrates on the table. Alisha's name flashes on screen. Olivia and Spencer exchange looks.