EP 510: Just Can't Stay Away - Act V

ACT FIVE

INT. LA NIGHT CLUB / LOUNGE - STAGE - NIGHT (N3)

Concerned, Darnell grabs and squeezes Coco's hand.

DARNELL

--Are you sure I can't take you? Or at least walk you out?

COCO

No, Lisa's about to perform... Plus my Uber's one minute away.

(a beat)

Thanks for understanding.

Coco kisses Darnell on the cheek and rushes off. A beat. Olivia and Anthony walk over. Anthony gives Spencer and Darnell a head nod. Spencer grunts. A beat. Lisa takes the stage.

OLIVIA

Darnell, where's your date?

DARNELL

She had to leave...The at-home nurse called about her mom.

A beat. Patience, Layla, Kia, and Romello walk over. Darnell's jaw tightens.

KIA

Spence, you remember Romello, right? 

Spencer and Romello dap it up.

SPENCER

What up?

KIA

Darnell this is Romello... Romello this is Darnell.

ROMELLO

Nice to meet you.

DARNELL

(sucks teeth, sips drink)

What's good?

Patience, Olivia, and Layla snicker. Darnell turns to the stage as Lisa's set begins. Olivia nudges Anthony and points to Lisa. 

ANTHONY

Damn, she's gorgeous... Damn.

Lisa grabs the mic and smiles out at the crowd and the Vortex. Olivia tilts her head toward Anthony and winks... Lisa locks eyes with Anthony. Sparks fly high. 

LISA

Before I do my new single I want to sing a few of my favorite songs so you can get to know Lisa... Is that all right?

(Off the crowd's cheers)

Ladies, ever been with a man and no matter how hard you try things just don't work? So, you call up Tyrone to help him come get ALL his shit.

The WOMEN scream out YES! 

A beat. Romello sees a friend and goes to speak to them.

LISA

Months later he comes calling. Crying all in yo DMs... But it's too late. Cause you on some new-new ish... And unfortunately for him, all he's left with is regret.

A beat. The band plays the music for "Regret" by LeToya Luckett... Kia, Olivia, Patience, and Layla rock to the beat. With her drink in her hand, Davita dances over to them.

LISA

I made you cool. You wasn't that dude until I started fuckin' with you. Gave you swag. And a duffel bag. You left the best you had. Now you gonna act like that. I got you right. I changed your life... Suicide doors I cosigned. Gucci rags. Louis travel bags. You left the best you had. Baby, don't look so mad.