EP 506 - The Place Where You Belong - Act III

ACT THREE

BEGIN FLASHBACK

INT. JACOBS RESTAURANT - EVENING

Asher, Jordan, and Spencer finish dinner. A frustrated, Jordan looks towards the door.

JORDAN

--You see this is the shit I'm talking about. We all rearranged our schedule and JJ is a no-show. Again. I've had it. I refuse to continue to show up for a guy that only thinks of himself. I'm out.

Jordan gets up abruptly, throws some money down, and leaves.

ASHER

Look, Spence, I know you want to mend the brotherhood but I'm kind of at my wits end with JJ too.

(a beat)

Enough is enough.

INT. ASHER'S CAR - EVENING

Asher sits at a red light behind Spencer's car. He fiddles with the radio. As the light turns green, he proceeds as Spencer goes through the intersection. A beat. A car blows thru and slams into Spencer's car.

Asher swerves to avoid the collision.

EXT. SPENCER'S CAR - EVENING

Frantic, JJ paces the pavement as Asher tends to Spencer.

JJ

Oh my God. Spence. I'm so sorry.

Livid, Asher turns around and shoves JJ.

ASHER

You idiot! You could've killed him. What the fuck is wrong with you?

SPENCER

Ash. Stop. I'm fine. Listen. You gotta get him outta here bro. Now before the cops come.

ASHER

Spence. No. Are you crazy?

SPENCER

I don't want him getting locked up over this. I'm fine. Please Ash. Just get him out of here.

END FLASHBACK

INT. BEACH HOUSE - LIVING ROOM - MORNING

Olivia stares at Spencer in disbelief.

OLIVIA

You have got to be kidding me!

(a beat)

I can't believe you two covered up a crime for the likes of JJ. Spencer, he could have killed you.

SPENCER

It was a minor accident. I wasn't going to let JJ get locked up or risk his football career over it.

OLIVIA

Football? You mean the football career JJ has pretty much squandered since the start of school. And what about your career? JJ could've ended yours.

SPENCER

But he didn't. I'm fine, babe. JJ was struggling. I couldn't just turn my back on him.

Olivia sits down in front of Spencer and grabs his face.

OLIVIA

Spencer, your heart is one of the best things about you. But you can't keep constantly taking on other's people's problems.